PDA

View Full Version : Grad Nights

cantgetenoughdisney
03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
How concerned should I be in regards to crowds at the parks during the day when it comes to Grad Nights. I never heard of it until we planned a trip for the end of April. From what I understand, it is at the Magic Kingdom after it closes, but do the crowds seem to spill over to all the parks during the week?

Kenny1113
03-08-2010, 12:11 PM
No. When I participated in Grad Nite several years ago, we went for the party only. We got in after the park closed and left we the party was over. :mickey:

cantgetenoughdisney
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Great Kenny.....don't want to sound like I'm chasing you away, well really I am! :D Actually, I've been spoiled by going in September every year and not sure what to expect the end of April. Nothing against grads, no offense! I have 4 teenagers of my own. :mickey:

Gregandmel
03-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm glad you posted the question too. We are going to be there from April 24 - May 1 and I wondered the same thing since our trip is sandwiched between both weekends. We also have the Cheerleading World Championships from April 23-26 so I wonder how that will effect the crowds as well. Hopefully the impact will be minimal!

Tick-Tock
03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
The grads themselves don't affect the crowds; mostly, they are brought for their party and then leave. The major effect we've seen is that non-Grad Nite days around the event are more crowded (more people coming to MK to see Wishes and Spectromagic on Thursday and Sunday, for example, because the park is closed in the evening on Friday and Saturday).

As for the cheerleaders, they were most evident at DHS near the Indiana Jones show, which is where they were holding their event. Hard to walk around that walkway near 50s Prime Time, the IJ arena, etc. Otherwise, it was mostly just small groups here and there, not too much problem.