PDA

View Full Version : When would a "known refurb" be posted on down dates?

Gregandmel
03-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Since the Tower of Terror is getting some new special effects for the summer spectacular, (which was posted towards the end of February) wondered "about when" they would announce any dates it would be closed for the updates. If they "know" the updates for this ride are going to be in effect from June 6th - August...?? I would imagine they would be thinking about what they need to do to accomplish the new lighting effects and drop sequences. I've been checking every day to see if it's going down but haven't seen anything yet. Any idea on how far out they would post the closing dates (if there are going to be any?). Thanks!

BigThunderFan
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Well from our experience this past trip, they announced some refurbs as far out as 6 months (Splash Mountain) and as close as 3 weeks (Living with the Land).

Maybe you will get lucky and they won't even have to close ToT for the ride upgrades.

Polynesian Dweller
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
In fact, it may not be going down at all. From what they've said it sounds like work that can be done in the third shift, ie over night. A lot sounds like software changes rather than structural. They have also don work on TOT by only shutting down one elevator at a time. A few years ago we were there while they were doing a TOT refurb and that's how it was done. Longer load times but the ride stays open. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

There is no set time frame for announcing refurbs.

Gregandmel
03-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks. That gives me some hope that maybe it won't be down while we are there. Thanks