PDA

View Full Version : Double Tree - Universal Orlando???

Mfarquar
03-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Double Tree that is across the street from Universal Orlando?

Long story short - we are going to Ireland this spring but can't bear to miss Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.

We have a free flight via Jet Blue and looking to keep on doing this on the cheap. So, no staying on Universal's property this year (right now four nights would cost us over $800 even with a discount code).

Turns out the Double Tree is currently $89 a night and you can walk it to Universal (plus free breakfast and cab rides are $5 flat each way and there is also a shuttle to and from Universal and its attractions).

Other than our tickets and cab fare to and from the airport to the hotel, this looks like a great option.

But, I trust your esteemed opinions more than complete strangers' reviews and am hoping that some of you have checked out this hotel before. The big thing for us is CLEANLINESS of the rooms (I can't stand icky hotel rooms). We will be spending most of our times in the parks, at HHNs and at CityWalk, so we're not too concerned with a high-end resort atmosphere because this will be a short trip.

If anyone has any info on the good and the bad it would be greatly appreciated!

Mfarquar
03-15-2010, 06:44 PM
I figured I would bump this one just in case anyone who knows about this hotel missed this post.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, as always!

Thanks! :blush:

NJGIRL
03-17-2010, 08:50 AM
I sent you a PM on this. :mickey: