PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Character Dinning and why?

forever a child
03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Just curious what your favorite character dinning place is if you could only do one?

We have done Cinderella's Table for Breakfast with all the princesses and Garden Grill with Chip, Dale, Minnie and Mickey. I really enjoyed GG and would do it again. But trying to think of some place new. I am sort of interested in 1900 Park Fare to see Alice in Wonderland but I guess those characters are only there for breakfast and I would prefer a lunch or dinner TS. We really plan to do breakfast's in our room before we leave.

My dd is 15 so we would love to see villains but I don't think there is any choice to see them. We only intend to do 2 or maybe 3 TS and Boma's is one of those choices.

Looking forward to seeing what your favorites are! Please tell me what characters were there!:tink:

Pop Centurion
03-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Mine used to be LTT until they removed the characters. Right now it's a toss up between Donald's Safari Breakfast or Crystal Palace. I guess if I could only do one I'd go with Crystal Palace.

queenmom9497
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
The Chef Mickey's breakfast has been a favorite of ours. :mickey:

Doing Cindy's Breakfast and Cape May Breakfast in June. :fingers:

DizneyRox
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Donalds is the best overall. Food selection is great and the characters have been great for us. That we can get into our favorite park early is just gravy.

Joannelet
03-07-2010, 06:43 PM
1900 Park Fair. Its just organized and good food selection. The Mad Hatter is hysterical :)

cantgetenoughdisney
03-08-2010, 12:16 PM
We have been to 1900 Park Fare for dinner on several occasions. The food is one of our favorite buffets and the characters are lots of fun.

One of our favorite breakfasts, which we discovered on our last trip, was at Hollywood and Vine at the Studios. There is lots of energy and fun with Jo Jo and Goliath and the Einsteins.

jenperich
03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
My favorite is Crystal Palace breakfast. However I do remember going to 1900 Park Fare as a child for breakfast and really liking it. How is breakfast there now?

Giselle
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I think CP has a good character meal and also like H&V at HS for something different. My only bad experience was Yak & Yeti Breakfast -very slow service and everyone - even the characters - were in a bad, rushed mood. I don't love Chef Mickey's - these characters you can see anywhere and food was mediocre. My 2faves you already listed:CC and GG! Have fun!

Through the looking Glass
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Crystal Palace is one we never miss.
Chef Mikeys for dinner is great too.

Doing those and adding:
1900 Park Fare for dinner.
O'hannas Lilo and Stich for Breakfast.

Used to like Cindy's at the Castle but found it to be a little expensive.

Didn't like the New Donald's breakfast. Seemed we were rushed and the food wasn't as good as Resturantous.

IrishMickey
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
We love the Princess Breakfast in Akershus in EPCOT, we love getting in early and there is great interaction, but we also like breakfast Safari with Donald, we have had good luck with characters and food, maybe it was due to it being off season. We have been to most of the Character meals, and I think if we had to choose just one, it would be the Princess in Norway. :mickey:

KAT1811
03-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I am sort of interested in 1900 Park Fare to see Alice in Wonderland but I guess those characters are only there for breakfast and I would prefer a lunch or dinner TS.

We love 1900 Park Fare. We did both breakfast and dinner on our last trip. Both were wonderful! I did prefer dinner but they were both great. I would certainly do them both again. This year we are going back for dinner but skipping breakfast. We typically do breakfast in the room while we are all getting ready.

1900 Park Fair. Its just organized and good food selection. The Mad Hatter is hysterical :)

The Mad Hatter is the best character I have ever seen at a character meal!!! He was fabulous! Lots of fun!

We have been to 1900 Park Fare for dinner on several occasions. The food is one of our favorite buffets and the characters are lots of fun.

I agree that the characters at dinner are great too!! The step sisters are hysterical!!! When my daughter was caught whining at the table (she was just barely 2) one of the step sisters told her that she had to "commit" to a temper tantrum or not whine at all. Then she proceded to show her how to throw a fit correctly! The whole restaurant was laughing!

Jeniflower
03-10-2010, 11:39 AM
love crystal palace for breakfast but looking to try 1900 parkfare this time also

PlutoPlanet
03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Cindy's Royal Table was my favorite. Our DD14 is too old for that now, but back in the day, that was my favorite.

Through the looking Glass
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
PlutoPlanet
Cindy's Royal Table was my favorite. Our DD14 is too old for that now, but back in the day, that was my favorite.
Missing the stuffed French Toast?

joanna71985
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
My favorite character dining is Crystal Palace lunch/dinner. I just love the buffet!

forever a child
03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
The Mad Hatter is the best character I have ever seen at a character meal!!! He was fabulous! Lots of fun!

Does anyone have any photos of the Mad Hatter? I would love to see what he looks like!:D

princessgirls
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Askerhaus Princess Breakfast.

We always enjoy this meal. Princess interaction is good, they now have Cinderella, other than the mad dash in the morning to get to Norway, it's a winner. The food is good here too! Love the potatoes.

Julie:mickey:

joonyer
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Our favorites are (although our kids have just about outgrown Character meals now):

Donald's Safari Breakfast (Classic characters, MIckey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto)
CP breakfast (with Pooh and Friends)
Chef Mickey's breakfast or dinner (Classic characters, also)

Ms. Mode
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
We love the villians too, alas, no meal them.:(

I like Chef Mickey's, but our favorite is Garden Grill :thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Ohana's (breakfast)- love it! but, our youngest is allergic to eggs and we don't do restaurant breakfast for fear of contamination. I know how to use the epipen but, never, ever want to have to. We still go to Ohana's for dinner since it's one of our fav restaruants ever.

1900 Park Fare (dinner)- love it! Can't beat the character interaction between the step sisters and step mother. After our trip, my 2 year old's favorite was the step mother. She kept making the "step mudda" face - with the wide eyes and snear. PRECIOUS! (I loved the prime rib and salad)

Akershus (breakfast) - liked it. We were one of the first to do this! It was only open for a month or so when we did this way back when. We liked it, loved being in the park before it opened. We are hopingto have lunch or dinner here this October.

Chef Mickey's (breakfast) - liked it. Was noisy but, what do you expect with a room full of kids and a napkin dance? Fun to watch the monorail go by... but, a bit sureal. Maybe the acustics of the building but, it almost felt like I was eating at the airport. If we stay at BLT this October, we will probably do a character dinner here.

forever a child
03-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing! I really wish they would bring out more villains! But I guess we will have to be happy with the Star Wars Character Villains for this trip.:darth: Also looking forward to the Pirate Boat ride since we will get to see Wendy, Peter Pan and Captain Smee! :pirate:

My guess is we will just do GG again. :D We love the place and the interaction of the characters. I think we are going to skip Hollywood & Vine for the Character lunch...DD is 15 and those characters are a little out of her interest area, but Hollywood & Vine is possible our 3rd choice or else the 50's Cafe next door.

We cant wait for May!:joy:

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
For us it is Chef Mickey's for breakfast.
Every trip we do that on our first full day at WDW.:mickey:

KAT1811
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing! I really wish they would bring out more villains!

They used to have a villains dinner at 1900 Park Fare . I suppose it didn't do too well. We used to love it. Every time we went the restaurant was fairly empty. Since they changed it to a Cinderella dinner it's been really busy the last few times we've eaten there. Personally we miss the villains but with 3 princesses (and a new little prince) we do love Cinderella too.