PDA

View Full Version : Cure for WDW fever???

jaredkari
03-07-2010, 08:38 AM
This weekend both my wife and I have gone down hard with a case of WDW fever. :ill:

It is just beginning to warm up a little outside and we just recieved a new planning DVD from Disney. Yesterday we sat and watched almost all of our WDW videos and vacation movies, we were singing attraction theme songs all day, we pulled out maps and looked through imagineer field guides. But still the fever will not break!!!

It has been 7 months since our last trip and we made a vow to try to go a full year without going so we could focus some money elsewhere. Does anyone have a home remedy for WDW fever??? :mickey::ambal:

BugeyedMuggy
03-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I like the videos on www.youtube.com/disneyparks
We also will choose a recipe from WDW and have that. Also planning your next trip is alot of fun, even if you haven't booked it yet, you can still use all the resourses online to plan what you will do when you finally get there.

LudwigVonDrake
03-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Watching WDW videos and listening to attraction music helps me :mickey:

Joannelet
03-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Search Disney videos on youtube. You can most likely ride the rides while sitting at your computer. My favorite videos to look for on youtube are surprise trips to Disney. Watching parents tell their kids they are going to the parks always makes me happy :)
I also always head to the bookstore and check to see if there are any new books out on the parks or magazines with Disney articles. Listen to music from the parks etc. Look up stuff on the computer on Disney :) Anything to keep yourself Disney busy :)

mdhiggin
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
There is no cure. It just gets worse. We first started going once a year, but now we have to go 4-5 times a year just to get a fix.:D

brownie
03-08-2010, 09:28 AM
The only cure is to...

...make a trip to Walt Disney World!

passholderryan
03-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I awoke this morining with a bad case of "fever". I had a suprise trip planned this past weekend to take my wife and son up to the world, but we both came down with the flu starting Thursday and had to cancel. Hopefully we will make it next weekend!
So to quench my "fever", I get up early and start reading the boards here on Intercot. It always puts me in a better mood and cures my illness!! :ill::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Mousemates
03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
no home remedies really work...because the remedies all involve things that tend to put disney at the forefront of your mind (like listening to theme park music, watching park videos, etc). The only way to cure it is to go....but even then the cure only lasts as long as the trip and then it comes back soon after arriving at home. My best advice is to simply learn to live with it.:mickey:

MushuGrl
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
ARGH! I feel you! We had our trip back in January. Although it was DEVINE to leave cold, snowy Tennessee and spend a week in warm sunny Florida, and would definitely go back in January again...seems weird with the warm weather coming to have my trip DONE instead of in planning mode. I missed buying beach towels, flip flops and tank tops!

I'm just trying to do what Mickey says...take the dream with me where ever I go!

Jeniflower
03-08-2010, 11:40 AM
my twin and i get this all the time and its worse because we live in Scotland so it really is a once a year thing. counting Disney toppers on the car helps and of course Disney penance. whenever someone says something negative or the like, the other twin (in this case) makes them pay a disney penance. Things like name the first five rides you want to go in MK or top three Epcot restaurants. You can make it really easy or really hard, my sister makes me name rides as there are a few that I have a real memory block with Spaceship Earth for example or Mission Space (otherwise known as the gary sinise ride)

Frog
03-08-2010, 12:16 PM
we play a game called "guess the ride" and sent pictures of different rides and locations of the park off of google earth to each other, but I will say that it just made it worse!
:mickey:

Kim Possible
03-08-2010, 11:51 PM
we play a game called "guess the ride" and sent pictures of different rides and locations of the park off of google earth to each other, but I will say that it just made it worse!
:mickey:

lol, that sounds fun, but it would make me miss it worse too

Ms. Mode
03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
We got the fever as soon as we got home in January, we just started planning the next trip. It really does give you something to focus on. :mickey:

My DD pulled out her laptop last weekend and we found "A Cowboy Need a Horse" and "The Three Caballor's" cartoons on YouTube that they play in the resorts...it was a great fix.:thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
The only fix I have found so far, is planning the next trip. Anything else only makes it worse!

DisneyPrincess21
03-11-2010, 12:46 AM
This weekend both my wife and I have gone down hard with a case of WDW fever. :ill:

It is just beginning to warm up a little outside and we just recieved a new planning DVD from Disney. Yesterday we sat and watched almost all of our WDW videos and vacation movies, we were singing attraction theme songs all day, we pulled out maps and looked through imagineer field guides. But still the fever will not break!!!

It has been 7 months since our last trip and we made a vow to try to go a full year without going so we could focus some money elsewhere. Does anyone have a home remedy for WDW fever??? :mickey::ambal:

The only remedy that I can say will work 100% is to forget your vow of waiting a full year without going to WDW, and go! What better way to get rid of WDW fever then to be at WDW.

Sorry, I know you were hoping for some advice that would keep you out of the park, but I just can't give that kind of advice, it goes against my Disney World Obsessive Nature :D