PDA

View Full Version : Fast pass!!

hurdlertwin
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey all, I was just curious as to which rides in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot sold out their fast passes the quickest so I knew which ones to hit up first.

SBETigg
03-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Most attractions don't actually run out unless it's crazy crowded. Toy Story Mania in DHS is the exception. Soarin' in Epcot might be a close second. Test Track is the other one to watch in Epcot. At the MK, the mountains (Splash, Space, and Big Thunder). But you can usually manage to get fastpasses with decent return times and not much trouble.

Also, just to clarify, they don't "sell" out, though they might run out. Fastpasses are available to all park guests at no extra charge.

Superzeus84
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Although they usually dont run out Peter Pans Flight and Winnie the Pooh can have pretty extended return times (Sometimes as long as 4 hours)

5togetherWDW
03-07-2010, 12:32 PM
We are often at WDW during extremely busy times (often happens when you have to follow a school schedule) -- so have had them run out of fast passes for us frequently.
In my experience, at Epcot -- Soarin seems to run out first, followed by Test Track - on peak days, Maelstrom has also been out of FP come late afternoon / early evening (but that is more rare).
Magic Kingdom has more attractions that use Fastpass, so they don't tend to run out as quickly as the other parks. That being said -- we have had many trips wherein we could not get FP for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, or Space Mtn. The other mountains probably were also out by that point; but, we always get those two first / right away :mickey: At MK on really busy days you may only get a few fast passes. A couple years back, Buzz Lightyear also went quickly, but it hasn't seemed as bad of late. (Then, it tends to be our third pass to get.) Generally, the rule is the newer the ride, the faster the passes go -- likewise a newly refurbed attraction wil have more people running over . . ..

kimommy63
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
You could probably add Test Track to the list of runner outers...it's happened to us twice. It's a bummer!

ljgirl
03-23-2010, 11:12 AM
We just got back yesterday form a week in the parks! It was very busy due to Spring Break. In the MK, Fast Passes never ran out anywhere but the return times for SM were more than 5 hours after receiving the FP. In EPCOT, Soaring runs out quick. Never saw Test Track run out. In DHS, RnR and Toy Story Mania went very quick!!! Some days all the passes were gone by noon.

Jared
03-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Toy Story Mania runs out of Fastpasses virtually every day, even during the so-called offseason. Soarin' and Test Track also run out on many days.

In the Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain is usually the first to go, but that doesn't happen often. I have also seen Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh run out on crowded days.

jillluvsdisney
03-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Soarin in Epcot seems to go quickly. This is my game plan for that ride. We get to the park before opening. When the rope drops, we go to The Land, before we get in line for Soarin, we also get a fast pass. It usually is a time slot in the very near future. We either ride again right away :number1: or we go over The The Living Seas for a while and then head back to the Land.

ToashaF
03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I agree with everyone else, the "mountains" run out faster than anywhere else in Disney! I, too, have been unable to get a fastpass both to Peter Pan's flight and Space Mountain.