PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast - Ohana or Tusker?

Ropachs
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM
We won't be on the DDP for our next trip so we're trying to save a little money by seeing characters at breakfast rather than dinner. Actually, we're even going to try to get late ADR's so we'll be able to skip lunch as well.

To date, for breakfasts, we've done Chef Mickey's which was fun, and Crystal Palace which was pretty but we didn't get to see all the characters which was a huge disappointment.

I think we'll try some new ones this time. So for both food and characters, would Ohana or Tusker House be better? We've had dinner at Ohana before, never even noticed Tusker House. Or, is there another fantastic breakfast we should try?

Thanks!

Pirate Granny
03-06-2010, 04:21 PM
O'Hana's is great for character interaction and have a parade for the kids once an hour...and they make sure you'll see all the characters...that said, unless I was on the dining plan...I think the cost is a bit high...but if you're going to use for breakfast and lunch it may be OK...
:pirate:

IrishMickey
03-06-2010, 05:56 PM
We loved the Tusker house, my MIl was so happy because they had real oatmeal. We saw all the characters twice, and my kids were thrilled about their safari costumes. But you probably can't miss at either one.

Pop Centurion
03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
The food at Donalds Safari Breakfast is really good. Much more to choose from compared to Ohana's. The character interaction is decent IMO. They take the time to sign autographs, take pictures, and will take some time to joke around with little kids. Though others say Ohana's character interaction is better.

So I guess it comes down to whether you want better food or character interaction.

DizneyRox
03-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Tusker Gouse does a parade as well, it's great fun! Probably the best breakfast on property, with or without characters.

mrmcgiv
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
We have alwasy had good character interaction at CP, but I think it was probably a but better at Chef Mick's. Food was better at CP IMO. We never went to any other character bfast though. 1900 Park fare also has character Bfast, no opinions, never done it..oh and the beack club too I think. CP does lunch as well, so you coud book a late lunch and that would serve as dinner and fill you up, and be less than a dinner buffet...and be better than bfast food.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-06-2010, 08:24 PM
We love breakfast at Tusker House! The food is good, some of the best breakfast food we've had at Disney, and we had great character interaction.

We got lots of time with the characters (got individual and group shots), they do a "celebration parade", and the service was great.

We had a very late breakfast ADR, and we weren't hungry again until dinner :thumbsup:

Briansmom
03-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Tusker House breakfast is a must do for us! The food is really great and the characters were really good with our DS11 who has autism. They all took extra time with him and some of them were off the hook, following his lead totally. I think it also would depend on which characters you want to see as well. Have not done the breakfast at Ohanas so can't compare the two for you. Have fun where ever you choose!

jonahbear2006
03-07-2010, 12:09 AM
I would pick Tusker. I am much happier at Ohana at firework time. I prefer dinner there and love their food at dinner time. Tusker house has a large menu, and that and getting me into Animal Kingdom on a full tummy is like a bonus!

Ropachs
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks! Tusker it is. I think I was leaning that way since we've never been, and it puts us right into a park. This doesn't mean my arm can't be twisted into a repeat Ohana dinner ;)

Briansmom - our DD3 has Down Syndrome so it's nice to know how flexible the characters were there, thank you.