PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of Snack credits

princess0511
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I am looking to get the most value for our snack credits! Any tips if great items to use for your snacks? Also what are the dollar limits for each snack?

Pirate Granny
03-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Snack values can range from $1 to as much as $4...I always look for the best value and purchase the dollar items (if I want to eat) and save for stuff like ice cream or pasteries...
:pirate:

AlwaysDisney
03-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Hi I found some great places to use snack credits.
Epcot-Boulangerie Patisserie in France- delicious pastries,
Kringgla Bakery in Germany-pastries
MK- Main Street Bakery-giant yummy cinnamon rolls
HS- Starring Rolls Cafe- cinnamon rolls and pastries

These are also good for breakfast items

Hope it helps-Enjoy
:party:

crazygoalie39
03-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Bottled Water!

PittFan
03-06-2010, 09:20 AM
The best value I have found is to use snack credits at the Food & Wine Festival, if you happen to be visiting at that time of year.

HndrdPrcnt
03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I agree with PittFan!! That is absolutely the best time of the year to be there and the best value you can possibly get for your snack credit! Of course, I might just be saying that because I love to eat!:blush:

Ropachs
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm not positive it's still a snack credit, but in the Fall of 2008 we were able to get ham & cheese croissants at the BP in France, Epcot. That was our lunch one day!

crazeedizneefinatic
03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
We love to get the giant prewrapped rice crispie treat squares from main street confectionary...last year we had so many snack credits left over we went there and brought a ton home....also the cinnamon nuts in epcot...my husband got those last year also...

IrishMickey
03-06-2010, 06:01 PM
My DH use would buy a big box of Donuts and Milk with our snack credits, it was a quick breakfast or a late night snack.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-06-2010, 06:18 PM
At the Yak & Yeti, you can get chicken fried rice or two spring rolls for a snack credit. It's great to do this with someone and split, a meal.

In WS France, there's a crepe/ice cream stand. I love to get a fresh hot crepe with strawberry or chocolate.

Also, we like to use snack credits for breakfast items in the morning, pastries or donuts at Main Street bakery, the resort CS, or at Starring Rolls.

ElenitaB
03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
My DH use would buy a big box of Donuts and Milk with our snack credits, it was a quick breakfast or a late night snack.:thumbsup:
That used to be an option but WDW has now specified that snack credits are to be used on "single serve" items.

My favorite use of a snack credit is to get a mini Mickey Cake from the Boardwalk Bakery.

Superzeus84
03-07-2010, 10:14 AM
The Crepes in france are pretty good and count towards a snack credit.

bruin1344
03-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I only need it once a day since lunch and dinner make me stuffed and include dessert so I use it for breakfast like bagel, muffin or pastry. I usually crave a sundae from main st. ice cream shop or an ice cream sandwich from main st. bakery so i might use 1 credit for that.

garthbarth1
03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery are a great use! Two large Cookies with a ton of ice cream in the center....big enough to share and you only use one credit!:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
03-08-2010, 11:55 AM
The best value I have found is to use snack credits at the Food & Wine Festival, if you happen to be visiting at that time of year.

:ditto: We've gone 4 times during the F&W Festival and have saved our snacks to use then. The food was so good! :eat: After we used them all, it filled us up and counted as our luch! Of course, you can't buy wine or beer, but that is why we bring $$ along! :wine:

princess0511
03-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Keep them coming!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
:ditto: We've gone 4 times during the F&W Festival and have saved our snacks to use then. The food was so good! :eat: After we used them all, it filled us up and counted as our luch! Of course, you can't buy wine or beer, but that is why we bring $$ along! :wine:

Count me in for this! We seemed to have so many snack credits and the Food and wine fest is a great way to use them up! Soooo good!

We will be doing this again in October.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh, also wanted to add that we always get a chocolate frozen banana almost every trip!

momofdisneyprincess
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I can't believe that Mickey cake counts as a snack credit. So excited!!! My son will flip out when I get that for him. We are staying at BWV this year so will probably use our snack credits there a lot.