PDA

View Full Version : Blt

disney1122
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Is Bay Lake Tower still getting good reviews? Anyone stayed recently?

Thanks!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I'd be interested in recent reviews too! Hopefully we'll get into BLT in Oct. 12 more days and I try my luck at getting into BLT!

All I've heard was that the studios are more cramped at BLT than other DVC properties.

tdk316
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I stayed 12/09 and loved it. The room was a bit cramped compared to the other DVC resorts, but we stayed there to be within walking distance of the MK. The room we had was a bit dingy already with a large stain on the carpet and rip on the couch which I was surprised about, but otherwise it was great and we can't wait to go back in October. You just can't beat the location!

hunnyluvsthemouse
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
We just stayed at BLT 2/24-28, and we loved it. We are not DVC members and made the reservations for the ESPN Weekend. We were in a 1 bedroom villa on the 5th floor with a view of the tennis courts and MK view of Space Mountain. We loved being able to just walk across to the Contempo Cafe, and monorail access. We did not really use the kitchen as we were on the dining plan, but did put left overs/drinks in the fridge. LOVED having a washer/dryer in the room. Very spacious room, did not really hear any neighbor noise. Mousekeeping came every day to tidy the room, bring clean towels/soaps, etc.

We used the pull out couch in the living room, kids didn't complain so I guess it was okay. We were able to watch Wishes from our balcony and the music is piped in through the television. If I can figure it out, I will post some pictures in a separate post. I would be happy to answer any other questions I may not have.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-08-2010, 03:35 PM
hunnyluvsthemouse -

what was your room classification? Standard view, MK view, Bay view???

Just gearing up for my ressie day next week. Thanks!

RAIDER
03-09-2010, 07:26 AM
I stayed there in Dec and had a one bedroom ( not studio ) with a lake view high floor on the south side . I was bowled over especially with the view.

The room with the kitchen area is more than ample and the shower / jacuzzi in the bedroom area was luxury . I cant wait to go back again this Dec .

The top of the world cafe/bar is excellent and a lovely place to chill out watching the fireworks from MK . All in all a unforgettable experience :mickey::thumbsup:

hunnyluvsthemouse
03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
We booked a standard view, but when we checked in we asked if there were any rooms available with MK view. So, I would guess it would be considered a MK view and Lake view as we could see the lake to the right of our room from the balcony.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
anyone use the laundry facilities at BLT? not the ones in the room...

we are hoping to stay in a studio in october and were wondering how the laundry facility is.

thanks!