PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Transport good or bad?

PinKy
03-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi there,

A friend of mine is considering staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas and is concerned with transportation options to and from the Magic Kingdom. (she'll be traveling with a baby so there will be a stroller involved, etc) I know there is a boat that goes to/from the WL to the MK - but will she need to take a bus to the boat to MK? That seems very time consuming - does anyone have experience with this? Could you recommend a building close to the boat dock? Would just taking the bus be better?

I think more than traveling time - she's concerned about how many times she will have to board/depart transportation vehicles just to get to the MK with a baby.

Thanks everyone! You guys are the best!

Figment104
03-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Specifically for transportation to MK WL is very good. There is both a bus as well as a boat. The boat is just a short walk away and the nice thing about the WL and WLV is that they're all connected.

There's two builidings, one that houses the WL and then another for the WLV. They're connected by a covered walk way. The boat dock is in front of the WL building so she would just need to walk over to the WL building (along the covered walk way if staying at WLV) and out in front. Along the way she would actually pass the bus stops as they're in between the WL and WLV, along the covered walk way.

When taking the boats to MK there is a boat that goes there directly from the WL. There are two seperate sizes. The large one I believe you can leave the stroller all unfolded, however, the smaller one you would need to unfold. Either by bus or boat it's a very simple process and only one stop. The boat goes directly from WL to MK, and the bus drops off right by the park entrance (no monorail or ferry needed). Sorry for all the rambling, but if you need any clarifications just let me know.

Thanks!

mdhiggin
03-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Ft. Wilderness has the internal bussing system you are talking about but not WL. You just go to the boat or buses at WL, not a bus to a boat or other buses like Ft. Wilderness.

wmdaddy
03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
MK is no problem, as it's by boat or direct bus. Epcot is no problem as the bus is direct.

Everywhere else WL tends to share with GF which makes the trip going a bit longer.

KylesMom
03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
One of our many delights staying at WL is the ease in which we can travel back & forth to the MK. A short walk to the boat dock for both VWL & WL guests, and you're on your way!:mickey: