PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Channel??

wendybird
03-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Do the Disney resorts have a channel that plays cartoons all day?? My 4 year old DS does not nap any more, however my 2 year old DD does. We plan to hit parks early, come back for an afternoon break (nap) and head back in the evening. My DH and I would love to gran a quick nap, too, so I was wondering if there were cartoons always available that can keep my DS busy and quite (and resting) while the rest of us try to grab a wink??

Alaska Disney Fan
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
There is a channel that plays all the classic Mickey cartoons, they also have the Disney channel running.

Strmchsr
03-05-2010, 12:24 PM
There is a channel that plays all the classic Mickey cartoons, they also have the Disney channel running.

Really? What channel is that? The last 2 trips down (January and last May) we haven't been able to find the classic Disney cartoon channel, much to my great chagrin.

Alaska Disney Fan
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
It was running last April when we were there, I think it's the same channel they run in the lobbies for the kids to watch as your checking in. Maybe it's different per hotel??

wmdaddy
03-05-2010, 01:28 PM
It WAS channel 96, but I haven't seen it since 2008 (except for in the lobbies.)

Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian have not had it. Poly did in 2008. When I asked a CM they told me Disney had removed it from the rooms. Please don't ask me why, as I have no clue.

Scar
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
When I asked a CM they told me Disney had removed it from the rooms. Please don't ask me why, as I have no clue.People aren't spending money when they are sitting in their rooms.

Mickey'sGirl
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
It was working at both the Boardwalk Villas and OKW last summer....but fear not, there are TONS of TV options available for your 4year old even if the Classics aren't showing. :thumbsup:

DisneyWFan
03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
It was available at ASM Family Suites last Aug. but only on the TV in the living room :thumbsup:

wmdaddy
03-06-2010, 04:56 AM
It was working at both the Boardwalk Villas and OKW last summer....but fear not, there are TONS of TV options available for your 4year old even if the Classics aren't showing. :thumbsup:

Can't say I agree with that. There's the Disney Channel itself, but that's about it.

wmdaddy
03-06-2010, 04:59 AM
People aren't spending money when they are sitting in their rooms.

I'm sure that is the reason, but it's a bad one. I mean, spending the money Disney asks for it's resorts should really entitle the guests to SOMETHING to watch on TV. Disney's Resort TV is absolutely awful. There are flea bag motels for $25 a night that have more options. I mean, how many of us go to Disney to watch TV? But, it would be nice to have something on at night for the kids to watch, like when they used to have bedtime stories.

AndrewJackson
03-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Here is the resort channel line up:

2 WESH-TV NBC Affiliate
3 ABC Family
4 ABC News Now
5 CNN Headline News
6 WKMG-TV CBS Affiliate
7 CNBC
8 MSNBC
9 WFTV-TV ABC Affiliate
10 ESPN
11 ESPN Classics
12 ESPN 2
13 ESPN News
14 Radio Disney
15 Disney XD
16 Disney Channel
17 What's On TV Listing of TV channels
18 Top Seven Must Sees at WDW
19 WDW Today Park hours, entertainment, updates & more
20 Resort Information Channel Information about your Disney resort
21 DVC Vacation ownership with the Disney touch
22 Your Next Disney Vacation Experience the magic of DCL, visit theme parks around the globe, preview your next vacation
23 Company Clips Fun & entertainment from The Disney Company
24 WMFE-TV PBS Affiliate
25 WKCF-TV CW Network
26 WOFL-TV Fox Affiliate
27 WDRQ-TV Independent
28 WHLV-TV TBN
29 WACX-TV Independent
30 WOPX-TV Ion Affiliate
31 WRBW-TV MyTV Independent Affiliate
32 WTGL-TV Independent
33 Disney Conventionears Dedicated meeting/convention information for attendees and their guests
34 SoapNet Soap opera TV
35 BET Black Entertainment Television
36 Future Programming
37 The Weather Channel
38 CNBC Financial news & information
39 MSNBC 24 hours news & issues
40 CNN
41 The Golf Channel
42 WESH-TV NBC Affiliate (Close Captioned)
43 WKMG-TV CBS Affiliate (Close Captioned)
44 WFTV-TV ABC Affiliate (Close Captioned)
45 CNN 24 hour news & issues (Close Captioned)
46 CNN Headline News 24 hour news (Close Captioned)
47 ESPN Sports (Close Captioned)
48 WKCF-TV CW (Close Captioned)
49 ESPNU ESPNU (Close Captioned)
50 WOFL-TV Fox Affiliate (Close Captioned)
51 Disney Channel (Close Captioned)
52 Top Seven Must See Attractions At WDW (Close Captioned)
53 Haz Realidad Un Deseo (Spanish)
54 DVC (Spanish)
55 Univision Spanish Network
56 WOTF-TV Telefutura (Spanish)
57 Deutsche Welle German TV Network
58 ESPN Desportes (Spanish)
59 TV Japan Japanese TV Network
60 CCTV-9 Central China TV

baby minnie's mommy
03-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Can't say I agree with that. There's the Disney Channel itself, but that's about it.

Ditto. And even the Disney channel isn't always appropriate for a preschooler, since Playhouse Disney is only on in the morning.

wmdaddy
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Ditto. And even the Disney channel isn't always appropriate for a preschooler, since Playhouse Disney is only on in the morning.

Exactly.

We've begun bringing a laptop to hook up to the TV so the kids can watch their own Disney DVD's. Without it, there would literally be nothing to watch for them in the evenings.