PDA

View Full Version : The Office

murphy1
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Anybody watch the baby episode last night? I was cracking up!

VWL Mom
03-05-2010, 07:41 AM
I taped it to watch with DS18 after school today, can't wait!

mjaclyn
03-05-2010, 07:49 AM
I loved it until the part where Pam had the wrong baby. That actually happened to me when I had my son and it brought back really bad memories. It completely ruined the entire episode for me.

murphy1
03-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Oh, no, that's awful!! I didn't see the ending, but thought that might be what they did. How terrible!

Joannelet
03-05-2010, 08:05 AM
It was definitely funny.
I too didnt like the part where she fed the wrong baby....
The rest of the show was hysterical though!

DVC2004
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I love The Office. It's one of the few things I actually follow on tv. Yikes- Mjaclyn about the wrong baby!!! I could totally understand how that would not be something you'd want to think about!n That is terrible.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I just can't not believe how much that episode brought it all back for me. It was just two short years ago that my wife and I were in those shoes (first time parents) and I was just amazed at how that episode followed our actual experience. No baby swapping for us, but it was still a really great episode.

The please-don't-send-us-home and the do-what-with-the-carseat stories where just spot-on (and the latching story too :blush:)

pink
03-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I loved the episode. I liked Steve's comment about them waiting 7 1/2 hours (can't say about what on here!) and the joke about the ice-cream cake, Erin and Andy getting together for a date, Michael thinking that Pam wanted to eat Fancy Feast with Kevin. I love The Office. I also like Jim's part where he is reading all of the baby books looking frazzled. 5-7 minutes, 5-7 minutes, 6 minutes...different but not really. :thumbsup:

Patricia
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
We never miss the Office.

I too was once given the wrong baby by the nurse. Poor nurse. The baby was screaming and the nurse was obviously having a horrible day and was frazzled. She kept telling me to feed it and I kept telling her I didn't think it was mine. It was quite funny.. except for the poor starving baby that I was refusing to feed. Finally she agreed to check babies ID and sure enough, not mine. She was really embarrassed.

mjaclyn
03-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I was actually on the opposite end of the spectrum... the nurse had given my son to another woman who nursed him for an hour without realizing he wasn't her baby. I was SO upset when I found out. I felt violated somehow...it's really hard to explain the feelings and I don't think many people really understand unless you're a mother how awful that was. I did feel bad for the nurse, even though it was her fault she felt terrible and it must have been extremely hard for her to come in and tell me what she had done. I never saw or met the woman who nursed my baby but I heard from the head of the maternity ward that she and her husband felt terrible also. At first I thought - how could she not have known for an entire HOUR that she had the wrong baby? But after I thought about it, it WAS 5:30 in the morning, very dark in the room, the babies had the exact same blankets...so I guess it could have happened to anybody. That still doesn't mean that I'm over it though, I can barely think about it without getting upset still and my son is 10 months old. That episode of The Office just brought back really bad memories and It also made me really mad at Pam and Jim for hiding it. The least they could have done was apologize and told the mom what happened.

DisneyPrincess21
03-08-2010, 11:57 PM
I have been a Huge Office fan since the very first episode. And I am thrilled to finally have my Jam baby!

I thought it was funny when "Pregnant Pam" and Kevin were having "Food Feast".

And I loved the part when Jim was frazzled and he was going through all the baby books to prove he was right about leaving at 5-7 minutes apart.

I thought the breastfeeding bit was awkward but I wasn't offended by it, IMHO I think anyone in Pam and Jim's situation would have been so mortified and humiliated that they would have probably reacted in the same way Jim and Pam did. I mean how do you even bring up that conversation? :confused: AWKWARD! :bolt:

My favorite part was how delusional Michael was about how "he set up" Jim and Pam. :D

I love how only Erin and Andy encourage Michael's behavior, the rest of the office has been there so long dealing with Michael's antics, they know better then to encourage him.