PDA

View Full Version : Visitors getting on resort grounds?

homeschool mom
03-05-2010, 07:09 AM
My mom will be spending just the first day of our vacation with us and her sister will be coming to pick her up at our resort - CBR - in the evening. I know you have to show ID when you drive on property to check in, is my aunt going to be able to get on resort property to pick up my mom or should we make other arrangements?

murphy1
03-05-2010, 07:22 AM
That is not a problem, she just needs to show her ID in same manner, as they will still ask her. I have met up with people on property when I haven't been staying there (I am from there and have lots of family and friends there). They also don't mind if you want to shop or are eating at a resort. Lots of people come just for that or to see the resort like at the holidays.

MNNHFLTX
03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
There should be no problem with this. All she has to do is tell the gate security what guest she is visiting and they will let her in.

KAT1811
03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
She won't have a problem. I have to say i was a bit surprised at how easy it is to enter a resort. We were at OKW last year and my parents spent the first two nights (before we moved into our 2BR unit) at POR. They traveled freely between the resorts. There was no verification of any kind. I expected them to at least verify that we were guests at OKW. They just asked where she was going, she told them to visit her daughter and they said have fun. Why bother with security?

TammiMcMan
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
There was no verification of any kind. I expected them to at least verify that we were guests at OKW. They typically give out parking passes that you leave on your dashboard, indicating you are a guest on-site. If they didn't have the pass, they may have asked to see an ID (I know that is sometimes done by security). I have family who live in the area and they will drive to Disney just to have lunch at a resort or do some shopping. I don't think Disney discourages this. Some resorts do require a reason for parking there (ie. ADR) and will issue a limited parking pass, but typically those are the ones closest to the parks.

LudwigVonDrake
03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I had a friend pick me up at POFQ last July so we could go to lunch and all he showed was his driving license.

azcavalier
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I've wondered about this as well. We've driven to many resorts to eat (Beach Club, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge) and when we tell them we're there for a meal, they just let us in. No parking passes, nothing. We could have stayed and gone to the parks, and I don't see how they could have known any different.

TammiMcMan
03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
I've wondered about this as well. We've driven to many resorts to eat (Beach Club, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge) and when we tell them we're there for a meal, they just let us in. No parking passes, nothing. We could have stayed and gone to the parks, and I don't see how they could have known any different.Limited time parking passes vary by resort and by season. If a resort is below capacity and they aren't worried about their own guests being able to park there, they are more lenient. When it starts getting busier, they will give out a 3 hour pass and on some occassions (typically Christmas), the only way you can park there is if you have an ADR.

In the OP's situation though, none of that really matters. Her mother's sister will have no problem getting in to pick her up at the end of the day. At the most, she'll have to show her drivers license.