PDA

View Full Version : Cruise discounts for members?

MarkC
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I did see where there is a DVC members cruise, which I think is in September. My question is, does Disney ever offer any discounts on cruises for DVC members? We are looking at going in 2011 and have plenty of flexibility for dates. Can anyone tell me if there has been anything offered in the past? Thanks, Mark

DVC2004
03-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm not aware of any discounts for Members on cruises. I know once they were giving a cruise as an incentive to add on but that was it. Members can book cruises with points and cash, but the cash rates are not discounted. The cruise is part of a different "bucket" so to speak, the Disney Collection, which requires DVC to "sell" your points for cash to pay for your cruise should you choose to use membership points.

Sometimes you can get a better deal with special offers from the cruise line. I would contact Magical Journeys- we used them for one of our Disney cruises and got a great deal. We used the points then for a stay at the Boardwalk before and after the cruise.

Jeffybob
03-06-2010, 09:15 AM
There are no discounts on cruises, or on-board merchandise, for that matter, with the DCL for DVC members.

You can use your points however, but personally, I do not think that it is an effective use of them.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentines Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB