PDA

View Full Version : A Question

luvdiznee
03-04-2010, 08:51 AM
I know I'm not on this interactive up to date board as much as I want to be (just can't take it sometimes if I'm not planning a trip) anywho, an observation from our last trip. When did they start doing bus trans from park to park? We were at EPCOT one day and saw on the bus sign a bus that was going to MGM. Maybe I just read it wrong? We didn't take it because when we were leaving we were going to a resort for dinner. And I saw it from another park to another park, just can't remember which. :cool:

disneymom15
03-04-2010, 09:33 AM
We noticed it in Dec when we were there. We took it from Studios to Epcot.

Ms. Mode
03-04-2010, 10:24 AM
I noticed the park to park buses in January but didn't really notice a stop number to get on one so I thought they were special "charters" or something. It would sure be helpful if they do travel park to park. :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
03-04-2010, 11:13 AM
I might be wrong but I think they have been doing this for a while. I remember as far back as 3 years ago getting a bus from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom and from Animal Kingdom to Epcot

SBETigg
03-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I might be wrong but I think they have been doing this for a while. I remember as far back as 3 years ago getting a bus from Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom and from Animal Kingdom to Epcot

I was going to say that I have seen this in past years, too, but I don't see it all the time. I'm not sure there's any regularity to it or if it's just one of those things they do from time to time. Maybe it's more regular than I assumed.

DNS
03-04-2010, 11:36 AM
I remember seeing this in past years also. We have used them before, but I cannot remember the from/to parks.

Imagineer1981
03-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I think they have had park to park buses for quite some time now.

#1donaldfan
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
...yeah, we too just learned this on our trip before last....it's for real !! :cool:

CleveRocks
03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
My first time to WDW this century was in May 2005, and park-to-park transportation was alive and well back then.

Not including walking, here's how to get from park to park (I won't list duplicate round-trips).

Magic Kingdom to Epcot: monorail or ferry to Transportation & Ticket Center, then monorail to Epcot.

Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom: monorail or ferry to Transportation & Ticket Center, then direct bus to AK.

Magic Kingdom to Disney's Hollywood Studios: monorail or ferry to Transportation & Ticket Center, then direct bus to DHS.

Epcot to DHS: direct bus OR FriendShip boat

Epcot to AK: direct bus

DHS to AK: direct bus

BigThunderFan
03-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow, I somehow missed this on both of our last trips! What a time saver this would be if you are hopping mid day!:number1:

mainemajor
03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
t least two ears for sure.

JPL
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I remember Park to Park Transportation dating all the way back to the early to mid 90s. I do know it has evolved over the years.

Darbylew
03-04-2010, 10:53 PM
They have been doing this for quite a few years
as we have done the bus from park to park a lot
and it is great. We most always go to another
park from AK as they close a lot earier than the
other parks. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!!!!! :D

ILoveLegos
03-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I agreee this has been available for some time. In fact, I always just read the bus signs and got on the bus going to the park (or even in some cases the water park I was heading to next). Voila - it took you there! :mickey: