PDA

View Full Version : USA Today (3/04)

SBETigg
03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Jane Slayre, my April book with Charlotte Bronte, gets a mention in the Life (Books) section of March 4th's USA Today. My UK publisher calls it "A superbly written page-turner in which Jane Eyre is re-imagined as a Buffy-style vampire slayer."

If you get the paper and happen to see it, yay, that's me. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
03-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Way to go,Sherri! I'm looking forward to adding your newest book to my other two. Congratulations!!!! :wine:

PirateLover
03-03-2010, 10:54 PM
:wine: Whoo hoo!!! Way to go Sherri. Your hard work is getting noticed. I remember when you first mentioned you had a great idea for your next book and now here it is!!! I hope that it continues to get you recognition, and as I've previously said I think it might be time for me to fight those High School demons and give this re-imagined Jane Eyre a go!

Just wanted to add, the article is already up on their webpage.

RenDuran
03-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Very cool!:)

SBETigg
03-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Maryanne, I'm a fan of Jane Eyre, so it was all done with love and care-- but it is a lot more fun than Jane. There's a fresh injection of humorous situations.

My daughter is reading Jane Eyre this year in school. She didn't love Pride and Prejudice (my favorite book), so I was hoping to add something to pique interest in Jane Eyre for the Twilight generation. My goal would be to sell mine, obviously, but also to encourage readers to go back and read the original with new interest. Charlotte Bronte had a sharp wit and some really strong ideas of feminine equality that I didn't notice when I read the book in high school. I just remembered wanting Jane to feel pretty and not be so beaten down. I think Charlotte and I brought out the best in each other. ;)

princessgirls
03-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Congratulations Sherri!

May you have a lot of success with your new book!
That is fabulous!!

Julie:mickey:

TheVBs
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Congratulations! :mickey:

I'll have to give your book a try. I'm a huge fan of The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde! :)

DVC2004
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
How cool! Best of luck to you! I can't wait to read it- it sounds really cool.

murphy1
03-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Very excited to read it and you deserve all the success!! I think you should write a book set in Disney!

SBETigg
03-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks, everyone. It was fun to be in the paper, though it wasn't much. My mom wanted to know why "that other guy" was getting all the attention. I tried to explain that "that other guy" started the mash-up trend with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and became a major bestseller and has two books being made into movies (P & P & Z, with Natalie Portman and his new Lincoln book, by Tim Burton). But try explaining to a mom.

Shari, it would be so fun to do a Disney setting. Sometimes, I manage to work in some references, but I haven't figured out how to get Disney to hire me more exclusively or how to convince them to let me be artist-in-residence at the Grand Floridian. I can dream. ;)

IamBelle
03-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Your book sounds so interesting!! I read Jane Eyre a few years ago in school and loved it! I am also a fan of Twilight, so your book sounds like the best of both worlds!! I am really interested in reading it!!

Melanie
03-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Congratulations Sherri! I like the inspiration behind the book. :thumbsup:

As you've mentioned before, anyone interested here should go to Amazon via this link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1439191182/INTERCOTCOM) to help you and INTERCOT in the process. :)

pianobabe
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Congratulations!!! I was wondering when your next book was coming out. I really enjoyed the other two that I read. This sounds great!

Just ordered it through the link listed above. I can't wait until it is released.

SBETigg
03-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Melanie, thanks for the link. Wow, you're all so sweet! I really appreciate your kind words and support, and I hope you like the book.

Mousefever
03-12-2010, 12:23 AM
I just pre-ordered through Intercot's Amazon link! I loved your last book and I'm very interested to read Jane Eyre with a vampire twist!

Amy

Dznygrl79
03-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Congratulations, and what an exciting idea. I will be purchasing! I wish you all the best with this and future projects!! What a diverse group we are here at Intercot!!!

SBETigg
03-12-2010, 07:20 AM
What a diverse group we are here at Intercot!!!

So true! I'm often blown away by hearing about other people's jobs and talents. The other day, I saw some pictures of quilts Shari (Murphy1) stitched and I was just in awe. Gorgeous!

pink
03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Congratulations!

I'm putting your book on my wish list. Can't wait to read it! :mickey:

Mousefever
04-09-2010, 04:52 AM
I just received an email from Amazon saying that Jane Slayre is on its way! I can't wait!

Amy

SBETigg
04-09-2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks, Amy! I'm so excited. Simon & Schuster has built a website around Jane Slayre with games and fun extras, due to launch any day. They've put an interview with me up on my author site. I'm getting all kinds of attention that I've never had on one of my books before, which is fun. The Readers Guide for book clubs in the back of the book is really funny (I didn't write that part, big credit to the marketing team).

SBETigg
04-12-2010, 09:02 PM
My new book comes out tomorrow, and I am over the moon about it (which would make sense, since it is paranormal).

If you buy Jane Slayre, you can buy it here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1439191182/INTERCOTCOM) to benefit Intercot.

Thanks for sharing my excitement. I really appreciate the support of my Intercot family. Cheers!

pianobabe
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I got an email from Amazon last week saying they would be sending out my copy early this week. I can't wait for it. I have enjoyed the other books of your I have read and I'm sure I will enjoy this one too.

PopPhan
04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Just to let you know....I was reading the overview of this weeks' "Lost" on EW Online and there was a big ad for "Jane Slayre" on the sidebar!!!

SBETigg
04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Just to let you know....I was reading the overview of this weeks' "Lost" on EW Online and there was a big ad for "Jane Slayre" on the sidebar!!!

That's so awesome! Simon & Schuster has designed a really incredible website for the book. I'm so honored to have such great support.

Just got back from NYC, where I signed lots of books! Fun time. Unfortunately, my daughter was stuck hanging out with her parents in the city instead of being in France on the school trip of her dreams (thanks volcano).

SBETigg
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I just heard that Jane Slayre is going to be a "Great Read" in tomorrow's People magazine, the double issue- the beautiful people edition, with Sandra Bullock and her new baby on the cover. I'm so excited! That's incredible news for me. :)

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow, Sherri - that's incredible. I hope more good things continue to come your way!

Incidentally, I was at Borders during lunch today (looking for a Star Wars drawing book for DS) & perused the shelves looked for Jayne Slayre - but couldn't locate it. What genre are they classifying this one?!

SBETigg
04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow, Sherri - that's incredible. I hope more good things continue to come your way!

Incidentally, I was at Borders during lunch today (looking for a Star Wars drawing book for DS) & perused the shelves looked for Jayne Slayre - but couldn't locate it. What genre are they classifying this one?!

It should be on the New Release tables for now. But also at Borders, you can find it in Humor. At Barnes & Noble, it's in Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I'm not sure why the disparity from stores, but please ask for it and the staff should be able to direct you (which I realize isn't always that easy if you have little ones in the bookstore).

MNNHFLTX
04-28-2010, 02:07 PM
That's very cool! I'll make sure and keep an eye for the article and the book! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I looked on all the New Release tables - maybe they're sold out, Sherri! :D Looked in the section I would have found your other books in, and even took a stab at the Young Adult section, too!

pianobabe
05-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm really enjoying the book. I never read Jane Eyre, so it will be interesting to read it later. I haven't had much time to read since I got Jane Slayre in the mail, but with DH out-of-town and DS off to the Prom, it is time for a bubble bath and my book.:read:

SBETigg
05-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Rhonda, a good book and a nice long hot bath sounds like a dream evening to me. Ooh, prom time! How fun!