PDA

View Full Version : Light at the end of the tunnel

Disney4us2
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I got a package from my attorney today regarding my disability.

I have a date for the hearing...woooo hooo I am excited and scared at the same time. Not knowing what the outcome will be.

When I got my denial they said it could be a year or longer until I have a hearing. This is under a year. I would say 98% of applicants are denied on the first go around. I am excited that there will be an end date to all of this. I can start planning my WDW trip now (thinking positive). If it doesn't go through... I will keep trying. When approved the retro payment goes back to the day I first filed, which was March 09.

My hearing is for June 24th,2010. It will be a very busy next 3 months to say the least. Keep positive thoughts for me.

BigRedDad
03-04-2010, 07:56 AM
That is good news I believe. Not to be too forward and you can ignore this, what happened? If you don't mind me asking.

SBETigg
03-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Best wishes for the outcome you want, Marci! I've also heard that about the 98 % denied at first.

Disney4us2
03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
That is good news I believe. Not to be too forward and you can ignore this, what happened? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't mind. I am fairly open. In April of 2007 I had back surgery due to a cyst in the spinal column at L4/L5. It was like having a taser gun hitting you in the backside every few minutes/seconds. The surgery got rid of that problem, so it worked:thumbsup: What I didn't count on was having degenerative disc disease/arthritis after the surgery. I can't stand longer than 5 minutes without pain. Sitting is not much better for long periods of time. I can walk short distances without aid. For longer distances I need my rollator (walker with wheels). It takes the pressure off my back, and I have a seat where ever I go.

So after being on state disability for a year, I was able to file for SS/SSI disability. I filed last March and got a denial (my arm/legs work)in July. The attorney automatically filed for a hearing which at that time, I was told it could take a year or longer to get a hearing. It was under a year so I guess I am lucky in that respect. I miss working and wish I was not in this position.