PDA

View Full Version : question for the financial experts out here

Lizzy
03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I am in sort of a which road is best place right now. All through last year and finally with my tax returns I was able to save up the money to file for bankruptcy. My ex husband ruined me financially (2 large credit card debts, a forclosure and a truck reposession)

We divorced last year and I have just now been able to get the money together that is needed to file bankruptcy. That has been the plan all along until I recently found out that I am pregnant.

My credit is about as low as it can be because of everything, but I realized from watching a friends kid that once I have this baby, my car is going to be way too small. I have a 2 year old still in a car seat and an 11 year old who will be weeks away from 12 when the baby is born. 2 carseats and my 12 y/o do not fit in the backseat of my car. I don't know how to go about getting a bigger car.

I figure there must be some law about opening a new account (like a car loan) and then filing for bankruptcy. Or trying to get a loan right after filing.

The only way to get a loan because of my bad credit would to either go someplace and get a cheap car with a horribly high interest rate or bite the bullet and ask my dad to cosign. That may sound simple but asking my dad anything is like pulling teeth out of a lions mouth.

Do I try to get a loan, and wait to file the bankruptcy later or do I go ahead and file the bankruptcy and have my 11 year old ride in the trunk when the whole family needs to go somewhere? :confused:

DVC2004
03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I am sending you a PM.