PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question!!

ljgirl
03-03-2010, 02:28 PM
We have the dining plan that inlcudes 1 TS, 1 CS and one snack. Our group is me, DH, DD(10) and DS (7). My question...my DD is charged as an adult because of her age. In most cases she will eat off the adult menu but if she chooses to order a kids meal at a TS, could it come off from my DS's meal count? I don't want to get zinged for a kids meal from my DD meals.

Hope that makes sense! When paying for a meal with the DDP, do you just present one room card for the enitre party? So basically (for our family for one week) I start the trip with 21 adult TS, 21 adult CS, 28 snacks and 7 kids TS and 7 kids CS?:confused:

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::

PittFan
03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
We've always presented 1 card to have our meal credits charged to the DDP. As far as ordering from the kids menu, I'm not sure. I've noticed that some restaurants have made exceptions for certain things while others don't. I'd ask at each restaurant. :mickey:

WRWDisney
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Generally speaking, I would say no. However, you do have the option of paying cash for any meal; when she orders a kids meal, that would be my choice. If she does this a couple of times, maybe you and your DH will have a couple of extra credits and can do out for a "grown-up" night out:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
03-03-2010, 03:59 PM
If you think your DD might not eat all the food with the adult DDP (and I can't really do that as a full-grown adult man) then you might consider not getting the DDP and just paying out of pocket. Then you don't have any worries about what she orders or doesn't. If she's on the adult DDP and orders the kid's meal you're losing a LOT of money on that day. When my DS was under 10 we found the DDP to be a good deal, but once he turned 10 we started paying OOP and have found we saved a good bit of money that way.

gerald72
03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
We have the dining plan that inlcudes 1 TS, 1 CS and one snack. Our group is me, DH, DD(10) and DS (7). My question...my DD is charged as an adult because of her age. In most cases she will eat off the adult menu but if she chooses to order a kids meal at a TS, could it come off from my DS's meal count? I don't want to get zinged for a kids meal from my DD meals.

Hope that makes sense! When paying for a meal with the DDP, do you just present one room card for the enitre party? So basically (for our family for one week) I start the trip with 21 adult TS, 21 adult CS, 28 snacks and 7 kids TS and 7 kids CS?:confused:

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::

You will have, assuming you are there for 7 nights:
21 Adult Table Service meals
7 Kids Table Sevice meals
28 Counter Service meals (there is no designation between adult and kids for CS)
28 snacks

You have the option to use them however you would like throughout the trip. You can use all one day, 3 per meal, 2 per meal, whatever you want. You could use a kids meal for yourself if you would like.

ljgirl
03-03-2010, 07:55 PM
You will have, assuming you are there for 7 nights:
21 Adult Table Service meals
7 Kids Table Sevice meals
28 Counter Service meals (there is no designation between adult and kids for CS)
28 snacks

You have the option to use them however you would like throughout the trip. You can use all one day, 3 per meal, 2 per meal, whatever you want. You could use a kids meal for yourself if you would like.

Maybe a dumb question but....does that mean that my son (7) doesn't have to order off the kids menu at a CS?

Thanks in advance!

crltkcagle
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I tried eating off the kids menu at San Angel and they wouldn't let me. I was upset because the adult menus weren't any type of mexican food. And lets face it when you go to San Angel you kind of want Mexican food. I ordered a steak and within minutes got sick. Anyway point being they wouldn't let me do it there. Hope that helps.

fatboy
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe a dumb question but....does that mean that my son (7) doesn't have to order off the
kids menu at a CS?

Thanks in advance!

There is no Kids menu at the CS:thumbsup:

biodtl
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Maybe a dumb question but....does that mean that my son (7) doesn't have to order off the
kids menu at a CS?

Thanks in advance!
Yes and no - if you want go to a CS and order 3 adult meals, for you, your spouse and your child, you can - but it will use 3 ADULT CS credits. So you can get as many of each level of meal whenever you want, but you will be charged the corresponding credit regardless of who actually eats it. So if you do that, you will run through your adult credits more quickly and be left with only child credits, which you won't (as far as I know) be able to use for yourself.

Strmchsr
03-03-2010, 09:20 PM
There is no Kids menu at the CS:thumbsup:

Actually, pretty much all the counter service restaurants have kids menus.

The rule on the DDP is that you can only order from the kids menu with kids credits - both CS and TS.

fatboy
03-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Actually, pretty much all the counter service restaurants have kids menus.

The rule on the DDP is that you can only order from the kids menu with kids credits - both CS and TS.

Learn something new everyday. i have used the DP 3 times and never knew there was a childs menu. It has been 2 years since i used it so they may not have been there then. Good to know and save me some embarassment.

Strmchsr
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Learn something new everyday. i have used the DP 3 times and never knew there was a childs menu. It has been 2 years since i used it so they may not have been there then. Good to know and save me some embarassment.

That's what Intercot is here for. :mickey: Check the menus in Info Central. They all have the kids picks listed with both CS and TS restaurants.