PDA

View Full Version : Apple apps in the parks

Eric87
03-03-2010, 01:01 PM
With my Bday coming up here in the next week, I was thinking about purchasing an ipod touch. I have a blackberry through my company and have no need for an iphone. I take the train everyday and know I can use the touch for music videos and games. What may push me over the top is if you can use the apps on the touch in the park. Is there wifi on property to utilize the apps? Do I need a service contract to use them if there isn't wifi? Lastly, are the apps any good? Thanks in advance for your response!

CaptSmee
03-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any "free" or public WIFI at WDW. an Ipod touch is still fun to have to pass the time in lines, bus rides, and what not though.

Patricia
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
There is no wifi in the parks.

You must have an iphone to use a cell phone service for any of the apps to work.

There is quite a bit about iphone and itouch Disney apps in our Disney tech forum. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=51) As a matter of fact, I'll be moving this over there too.. hang on to your ears! :mickey:

Lynn J Mc
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I just got a touch for Christmas and left it at home when we went to DW. No wifi access! I took my blackberry and kept up with the weather through it. I couldn't even use it in the room at the Poly - no bars. Had to borrow sister's plain old phone to call home! I love the touch and as soon as (IF) Verizon gets the Iphone- I'm ditching the Blackberry and getting one!