PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances...

jenperich
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
My husband I are hoping to come to Disney for 8-10 nights in October. It will probably be our last "hurrah" before children come, and it'll be our 2nd anniversary. We also want to make our first trip as owners of DVC really special.

So...what do you think our chances of getting an Epcot-area DVC are, for that long, during F&WF. We'd probably be bringing two friends, so would need a 2-bedroom.

Thanks in advance!

diz_girl
03-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Since there is the F&WF, your chances might be a bit slim, so book your home resort at the 11-month mark first. However, the studios and Grand Villas are usually booked the quickest, so since you're looking for a 2br, you might have a shot. If you don't care which EPCOT resort, then try for BVW first, as BCV is in more demand because of SAB. Just a caveat, I am a DVC newbie, but someone more experienced will be along soon.

jenperich
03-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks dizgirl! That is what I was thinking. Home resort is BLT - and my 11 months was pretty much when we bough it. So, I'm a little late in that regard too. :-) I better get planning.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-03-2010, 04:52 PM
To help save on points... If you don't plan on using the kitchen, try 2 studios. You can ususally get them next to each other. And they are less points.

I won't lie to you... it's hard to get into the Epcot area resorts. At least for us it has been. We've always been on the waiting list for them but, never got in. Only got to exchange to VWL.

in just 2 weeks, I'll hit my 7 month mark and will call to try and get BLT, AKL or BC - in that order.

Good luck to you and wish me luck!