PDA

View Full Version : Swan & Dolphin

Mitzie
03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
We are headed to Florida the first week of April. We are staying with an aunt, but heading into Orlando for a day. Was just going to go into Typhoon Lagoon and go back to our aunts but looking to stay at the Dophin using my teacher discount for one night. What are your thoughts oh wise ones. Is this a nice place? Might also head to HS the next day since our last time at the 'Studios' was cut short due to DS falling ill. Suggestions on places to eat that aren't pricey would be welcome.

Scar
03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I've stayed there twice and had fabulous stays both times. :thumbsup:

Hmmm... cheap places to eat at WDW. I'll have to think about that one for a while...

ThanxForNoticin
03-03-2010, 12:01 PM
If you can work out a good deal on a room at the Swan, you should go for it. It's a very nice place. It's also a perfect location for visiting DHS - an easy walk or boat ride there.

Not sure what you might be looking for in the way of "less-pricey" eating. If you are looking for things around the Swan, you might consider the ESPN Club. I was thinking you could also take the walk to EPCOT, where they have a number of pretty good counter service options in the World Showcase - like fish and chips in Great Britain, Chinese, Mexican, and even good old fashioned American burgers and fries! If you go a little deeper into EPCOT, the food court at The Land pavillion might be an option. We don't eat very much at HS, but others might have some good ideas for that park.

Have a fun trip!

Kenny1113
03-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Swan and dolphin is very nice and I would stay there again. However there is no cheap dining there. We paid More than $50 at the fast/counter service in the hotel, for my DSs to have waffles and juice and dh and I each had eggs.

WelshieLover
03-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Other "inexpensive" dining option a short walk away are the Bakery or Pizza window over at the Boardwalk. You eat out side on the Boardwalk itself or Beaches and Cream at the YC/BC which is an old fashioned burger joint

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes! Stay there. You won't be sorry. There is Picabu, a fast food eatery in the Dolphin that isn't outrageously expensive. And the pizza window at the Boardwalk if that's still around now that Spoodles has changed over to Kouzzina.

jnfr2424
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
If you have a AAA card make sure you bring it with you some of the eateries give you a discount! :thumbsup: