PDA

View Full Version : parking in MK

homeschool mom
03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
We will be driving to WDW. Can we park for free with proof we are going to be guests if we don't register at our resort until the end of the day?

Scar
03-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes. Bring your confirmation info.

wdwfansince75
03-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Apparently, you already have tickets, since you want to go to MK without checking in to your resort. Personally, after arriving at WDW, we always check in, no matter what time of day we arrive...we park the car at the resort, check in, and, with or without room numbers, head to the park. On most visits, we are there by noon, or slightly later. Even when we stay somewhere else, we purchase tickets at SoG....usually a short diversion, while the rest of the clan shops, snacks, or uses the game room....Than, if the rooms are ready, drop off luggage, freshen up, and head for MK.

My understanding is that they pre-assign rooms, considering your most important special request but will re-assign to suit based on check in time. If you have special request (eg: connecting rooms, ground floor, specific building, ect), and the pre-assignment is not able to accomodate your requests, you are more likely to get new assignments if you check in immediately upon arrival.
If you are on a package, or wish to have your tickets on your keys, it is best to check in first before heading to the parks.

The MK parking lot, if they let you park there before check in, still requires you to use the monorail or the ferry to get to and from the park. To me, that would be a plus at arrival time, since I am a fan of both....But after exiting the park, you must again board the monorail or ferry, take the tram back to the car, go to the resort, and still have to check in...with a tired family wondering why they can't just go to the room.
Personally, I would take the time upon arrival to check in. They will give you room keys. If they rooms are not ready, they will give you a number to call at a later time, to receive the room number. The room locks are activated at that time, and your keys will now work. There will be no need to go back to the desk when you return to the resort.

homeschool mom
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
We always check in upon arrival, but for this trip, my mom will be spending that first day with us only and I would like to get as much time in the MK as possible for her benefit. (Her sister will be picking her up at our resort in the evening.) We are going to use our GAD voucher for our park pass that day so wouldn't need our room keys with hoppers attached.

Imagineer1981
03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes, as long as you have your confirmation and a photo ID you will be just fine