PDA

View Full Version : Project Future

brownie
03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Project Future: The Inside Story Behind the Creation of Disney World by Chad Emerson is a recently released book that covers the time from the opening of Disneyland to the opening of Walt Disney World. Lee Cockerell wrote the foreword for the book.

I don't have my hands on it yet, but it's now on my short list. Married to the Mouse: Walt Disney World and Orlando by Richard Foglesong covers the creation of Disney World, too, so this new book looks like it would be a good complement to it.

PharmD
03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey Brownie,

Thanks for the info. I have the Married to the Mouse book and it was very interesting. I also will be adding this book to my list. :thumbsup:

brownie
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Just ordered it today from Amazon.

TheDScoop
03-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Have any of you all read this book yet?

LudwigVonDrake
03-13-2010, 07:29 PM
I just got the book in the mail yesterday. I already own "Married to the Mouse" so it'll be interesting to see if there's any added information in the new book :mickey:

brownie
03-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Finished it this morning. There were some date and grammatical errors, so the editing could have been better. The first chapter begins with the opening date of Disneyland being July 7, 1955 (it was July 17, 1955.)

All in all it was a decent book. I'd have to read Married to the Mouse again, but I believe there was quite a bit of information that was new in it. It was a quick and easy read. I'd give it 3 stars (it would get 4 if the editing had been better.)