PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

wdwluv
03-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Will my 9, 7 and 4 year old be bored to tears?

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
For the older two, it will depend on how much they like music. There is a lot going on with the Mass choir and full orchestra not to mention the Herald trumpets. It might be enough to keep thier interest. When we went, my 8 year old was fine with it and really enjoyed the music. Remember however, your milage may vary.

I really cant give a good estimate for your youngest, sorry.

Honestly, I say go ahead and chance it. Most kids are on thier best behavior durring the Christmas season anyway. We had a wonderful time at the CP and would do it again if given the chance.

Strmchsr
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
It's a fabulous show, but you have to take it for what it is - a mass choir singing traditional Christmas songs/hymns with readings from the Bible. It's not a "show" like most of what you see at Disney. As said above, if your kids are music lovers they'll probably enjoy it. Mine did, but my 9 and 4 yr old both love listening to classical music and jazz with me and (since I'm a pastor) they're in church every week so the music was familiar to them.

Another option is to stand at the top outside of the seating area in front of the American Adventure. You can still hear everything but your youngest wouldn't have to stay quiet and seated. I've seen several families with even younger children do this. If you have the option, you can also leave the kids with a babysitter or someone else in your family. When our youngest was only 2 we knew he wouldn't sit through it so I went one night and DW went the next.

ransam
03-02-2010, 02:00 PM
i agreee, it depends on the child....you might want to take your children to a local highschool christmas chior and see how they react....