PDA

View Full Version : Other Discounts?

Daisy712
03-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Hi Folks,
Do you think there will be other discounts for the summer or this is it? I see that you have to book by March 27 for the gift cards or percentage off the room. I was hoping they would do the Buy 4, get 3 free. I think it is a little more of a discount than the ones above.

Thanks for your help.

BigRedDad
03-02-2010, 08:52 AM
I highly doubt there will be any other discount than what is offered right now. I would almost bet my house against the Buy 4 Get 3 deal for the Summer. WDW is usually not lacking any attendance during the Summer.

Strmchsr
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
:ditto: Usually there are no summer discounts. This is a bit of an aberration having it two years in a row, so I would say count on this being it.

kwhitt3202
03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
does any one know if there is going to be any October/ November discounts and are they going to be as tiered as the ones that are out?

DizneyRox
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Tiering is here to stay I think...

Strmchsr
03-02-2010, 11:27 AM
There's absolutely no way to know, but since Disney has said they will scale back discounts for the second half of the year I would assume that tiering would be the way they would do it.

Captain_Nemo
03-02-2010, 08:47 PM
I miss the buy 4 get 3, that was the best deal IMO :(

forever a child
03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Tiering is here to stay I think...

What is Tiering? :blush:

Strmchsr
03-02-2010, 11:08 PM
What is Tiering? :blush:

Where the discounts are given in tiers - like you get "free" CS dining plan if you stay at a value and the "free" regular DDP if you stay at a moderate or deluxe. Or like they did this past January - buy 5 nights get 2 free at values and buy 4 get 3 free at moderates/values. Since you pay rack rate on the room, giving the "free" DDP and having you pay full rack rate on deluxe means WDW actually makes money on the "discount." Where they lost money was on the value resorts so they are not discounting those as heavily.

moe513
03-03-2010, 08:52 AM
What about free dining???

Strmchsr
03-03-2010, 09:40 AM
What about free dining???

"free" dining was released on a tiered basis last fall. The assumption is IF they offer it this fall it'll probably be on the tiered basis as I noted above. Isner has already been on record in the last couple of months as saying he doesn't want to offer "free" dining again this year because he hates that people expect a certain discount at a certain time of year (which could only refer to "free" dining as it's the only consistent discount they've done for several years) and he wants to wean people off of it. So, my best guess is they'll go tiered this year and nothing next year. Or maybe stay with tiered. As I noted above, too, they make money on people using the "free" DDP discount at moderate and value resorts and if they eliminate the regular DDP and go to only CS DDP as "free" for the values then they at least break even, if not make money on that one too. We should know within the next 4-6 weeks what the plan for the fall discounts is.

LVT
03-04-2010, 08:29 PM
For May 2009 we got a Spring Discount that was better for us than the buy 4 get 7. (we stayed too long for the 4/7.