PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Gratuities.............

DisneyBunch
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
For parties of 8 or more, is the 18% or 20% added for character meals and/or other buffets? The service levels are completely different between those and normal sit down meals. It doesn't seem right that the tip should be the same.:eat::spend::confused:

BigRedDad
03-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Yes, it is the same. I have the same feeling for tipping as you. The downfall to this is the waiters are paid as such. I do not know the minimum wage for waiters, but it is like $3.50 an hour. The tips is what makes up for it.

I like the tipping method used in Third Rock from the Sun. Put the tip on the table and start taking away as service declines.

TheDuckRocks
03-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I like the tipping method used in Third Rock from the Sun. Put the tip on the table and start taking away as service declines.

Have you actually ever done it?

I keep a deduction tab mentally that comes off the amount of the 20% minimum tip I give. Don't ask about beverage refills - 50 cents off. Bring my entree with mushrooms I requested to be left off - a dollar. Having to ask twice for a condiment - 25 cents. Being over the top rude - Oh baby, you've just blown the whole tip, which has only happened twice to me.

SuzieN
03-04-2010, 12:19 PM
My own personal experience with WDW buffets is that the servers there really bust their butts clearing empty plates and bringing drink refills. In general, I think they work as hard or harder than servers at sit-down places. IMO, they definitely earn that 18% tip!

#1donaldfan
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I know the tip is included at CRT, not sure how many others are included.....they all work hard for the tips and we generally are good tippers...it's a rare occasion for us to not leave one.....it's a thankless business sometimes....:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
03-04-2010, 03:52 PM
They are included in all of them. Went to most on our last trip and it was included. I had thoughts that they shouldn't recieve the same amount as a noraml sit down non-buffet meal- but as others have said they bust their butts to get our drinks and plates cleared out.