PDA

View Full Version : Message From VMK Magic Forum

SnowWhite79
03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi, I'm not really sure where to post this, but way back when VMK was open I joined a forum called VMKMAGIC. I haven't really been on there actively since that time. Lately though I've gotten messages from them saying something about my computer showing up as being connected with spam. It says I should scan my computer and that if it doesn't stop they will be forced to report my ISP. I was just wondering if any of you have gotten this same type of thing and if it is actually real or just a hoax to actually put things on your computer. Hope this all makes sense.I also don't see on there anywhere to delete my profile, otherwise I would do so. Any advice would be really appreciated!

SnowWhite79

Lakin
03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Message the moderator of that site with a copy of the message, the time sent, and the writer of the message. Don't click any of the links or follow any of the advice.

SnowWhite79
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Thank you! I did send them a message on their contact page. They got back to me quickly and said the situation had already been handled and thanked me for notifying them. I've actually gotten a message like that from there before. I never click on any of the links. Hopefully it'll stop now. Thank you for your advice!

SnowWhite79

Lakin
03-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm glad everything worked out well. :mickey: