PDA

View Full Version : March is TOO LONG

lettripp
03-01-2010, 08:26 AM
I am a first year teacher and everyone keeps telling me that March is the LONGEST MONTH. There are no days off, state testing is in process and the kids get antsy with the monotony of it all. Well, to make matters worse, my WDW vacation is during the second week of April... making March feel even LONGER!!!

Do you have any tips on how to make this month go by faster? Reading and writing on INTERCOT have helped, but I want to get even MORE of a Disney fix every day up until the trip.

Ideas?

murphy1
03-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Can you do a lesson plan involving Disney or do some kind of Disney reading/learning assignment? That would be fun for you and your students! You could do some kind of math project, have them figure out cost of meal or souvenier items. Not sure what grade you teach, but just some thoughts.

SBETigg
03-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Plan a Disney-inspired meal once a week. You can get some ideas from the Recipes section under Dining in Info Central. It helps keep you in that Disney mood, but distracted by having to do the cooking. :) You can also serve it on Disney film night- pick a movie to go with your meal.

TikiGoddess
03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I've been a teacher for 14 years now... and yes, March IS the longest month. Endless at times. Everyone is sick of winter, sick of being sick, tired of being inside, testing, etc.

I am beating the March blues by exercising more and finding new projects to work on. Each week I try out something that I've been wanting to do -- like giving up TV for a week, or trying new recipes for dinner. Plus end of the season sales get me out and about shopping. :)

Good luck! Hang in there, it will be April before you know it!

Kathy

PS noticed you're in CT -- me too!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-02-2010, 09:33 PM
We do the Disney meal theme in our house. We pick a restaurant and find music to play while we are eating the meals from that restaruant.

We also go on you tube and find videos on the attrations.

We go to the Disney Store to get our fix.

We have a Rainforest Cafe in our area and eat there. Even though we haven't eaten at Rainforest cafe at WDW, it still makes us feel like we are.

I'm a scrapbooker and plan my pages well in advance so when i finally get there, I know what pictures I must take.

I ponder endlessly over my Disney Vacation Spreadsheet.

If there is a Disney On Ice anywhere around me, I try to get tickets.

I make surprise bags for my kids... they get a surprise bag each day of our vacation from a different character that clues them in on what's planned for the day. The bags and items inside are their bags for the day (some quiet time fillers and snacks for the day), I start this well in advance. I collect things from garages sales/dollar store/Disney Store clearance.

I will be making a disney countdown calendar to hang in our kitchen when we are a month out. This would be a good thing for your class to help with?

forever a child
03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
:bug::wait:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
I agree! Just go by already! We're leaving the last week of April, and it feels like this month is crawling. Am real tired of hearing the words "state testing", too!