PDA

View Full Version : pirate and princess party

beachezncream
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I love the pirate and princess parties, are there plans to bring those back anytime soon?

what are some of your favorite memories from the parties?

Darbylew
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
We went to two of the pirate/princess parties
and loved it. I hope they bring it back. I would
also like to see the parade come back to Epcot.
It was great! :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!!!! :D:mickey:

faline
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I haven't heard of any plans to bring back this party though it is one we greatly enjoyed! We both dressed as pirates. The second parade of the evening was practically unobserved by guests as the park was so empty! My husband was dressed as Captain Hook. As the parade passed by, Captain Hook caught sight of my husband and immediately marched right up to him and stood eye to eye with him in a very accusatory way! Guess he didn't like having a clone!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I haven't heard of any plans to bring back this party though it is one we greatly enjoyed! We both dressed as pirates. The second parade of the evening was practically unobserved by guests as the park was so empty! My husband was dressed as Captain Hook. As the parade passed by, Captain Hook caught sight of my husband and immediately marched right up to him and stood eye to eye with him in a very accusatory way! Guess he didn't like having a clone!

I would LOVE to do this again!!! Jack Sparrow was the best!:cloud9:

javamama
02-28-2010, 06:52 PM
We loved it too! It was the best money we spent, great parade, great fireworks, and to walk on any ride you wanted was great! The year we went it was cold/rainy but still tons of fun. My kids still watch the parade 3 years later, and get so excited seeing all the different characters it was so neat.

TheVBs
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
It was such a tease when a recent Disney Insider e-newsletter mentioned the Pirate and Princess party. Turns out it was a video of the making of it, not about it returning. :(

Figment!
02-28-2010, 07:51 PM
are there plans to bring those back anytime soon?Unfortunately, it seems very unlikely that Disney is planning on bringing the parties back as the new Summer Nightastic! event is slated to recycle the fireworks show from the parties.

On the plus side, if you are visiting this Summer you may have another chance to see the fireworks from the Pirate & Princess parities.

joanna71985
02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I miss the P&P. It was my favorite of the 3 parties, and I really wish it would be brought back.

I loved meeting all the characters (there were so many rare ones out), the parade, and the fireworks. I have the music for both, and listen to it all the time.

beachezncream
03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
yes! their fireworks were the best around :thumbsup: by far my favorite

TheRustyScupper
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
1) You never know.
2) But, I would not wait for it.
3) The P&P parties were not very popular.
4) They were performing well under plan financially.
5) They simply did not catch on like WDW thought they would.

I LoveJack
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Maybe next year after the new POTC movie is released. I only got to go once and was so disappointed when they canceled it. :(