PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the Theme parks to your hometown

beachezncream
02-28-2010, 04:12 PM
What disney food do you wish they sold in your hometown? what disney snacks do you tend to crave? :mickey:

For me its the Aloha Isle Pinapple Dolewhip float :cloud9:

& Pizzafari Pizza

faline
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
California Grill's Goat Cheese Ravioli.

Superzeus84
02-28-2010, 05:46 PM
I just wish there was an O'hanas in my town!

Lakin
02-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd be happy with pretty much anything! I live in a tiny town with nothing to do and almost nothing to eat. The only places are two bar and grills located (stupidly) right next to each other.

I would be happy if we could get some Disney turkey legs, or even some soft-serve!

TheVBs
02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Mickey Ice Cream bars!

Ksmith75
02-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Just about anything would be great. The rice crispy treats, anything from goofy's, the great cupcake I got at the POP, Dole Whip for my hubby, the Canyon Skillet...oh how I can go on......

#1donaldfan
02-28-2010, 09:47 PM
NONE OF THEM......

....that's what's so "Disney" about them all....you can only get 'em at Disney and that's what makes us all want to go back over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over.....again....!!!!:mickey:

.....but......I'd like some good 'ol fish n chips from Yorkshire Fish Shoppe from time to time....:thumbsup:

beachezncream
03-01-2010, 01:14 AM
hahah Excellent point!

bruin1344
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
ice cream sandwich at main st. ice cream parlor/bakery

Dragongirlx
03-02-2010, 03:36 AM
There are days I would kill to have a columbia harbour house or an earl of sandwhich close by

Jeniflower
03-02-2010, 07:37 AM
cheese soup from Le Celliar, thank heavn for the cook book
Onion rings from the flame tree barbeque

Oh i could go on

SBETigg
03-02-2010, 08:10 AM
NONE OF THEM......

....that's what's so "Disney" about them all....you can only get 'em at Disney and that's what makes us all want to go back over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over n over.....again....!!!!:mickey:

Exactly what I was thinking. If I could get it easily at home, it's not my special Disney thing anymore. This is why I try not to visit more common chain restaurants at WDW, too. If I can get it anywhere else, why bother at WDW? I like to enjoy the Disney things I can't get anywhere else when I'm at WDW.

TheDuckRocks
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I also feel that some of the magic would be gone if we could get the same things at home. We like to drive down to WDW and enjoy staying a couple of extra nights on the road. Our number 1 rule is to not eat anywhere on the trip that we can go to at home.

biodtl
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Last year I would have said Dole Whip. And then I discovered that a little ice cream place that I have been driving past at least 5 days a week for 13 years SERVES DOLE WHIP!

I was very excited, needless to say. And now, I am just waiting for them to open back up from their winter hiatus!

homeschool mom
03-02-2010, 01:46 PM
It's definitely the almond pretzel from Norway!

finaldynasty
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
The entire Yak and Yeti menu or the buffett at Chef Mickey's!!!

:mickey:

ransam
04-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I always thought it be cool to have a chain of Mickey's Resturants. with a menu of come of Disney's most popular dishes, w/ Disney decor...So when you need that quick Disney fix, you can just hit there.

finaldynasty
04-28-2010, 05:48 AM
I always thought it be cool to have a chain of Mickey's Resturants. with a menu of come of Disney's most popular dishes, w/ Disney decor...So when you need that quick Disney fix, you can just hit there.

That is an outstanding idea!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I agree what we eat at Disney stays in Disney.

With that said, we have the cookbooks and recipes from the chefs for our favs. We do Disney night about once a month (or when I feel like cooking a really special meal) and that is how our family brings Disney into our hometown. We make a big to do about it.. theme the menu, dinner music, stories around the dinner table of fav vacation memories.

Our 2 year old still remembers things from our October trip and loves to tell us her memories of it.

But, when we don't have the time/energy for the whole theme dinner, there is a Rainforest Cafe close by that we go to. That's about as close as we can get to a Disney restaruant in our parts. (also helps that there is a Disney Store in the same mall as the rainforest cafe). The best part is that kids eat for 99cents every weekday!!!!! :thumbsup:

SingingLights
04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Pineapple Dole Whip Floats

Gator
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Gotta go with Flame Tree BBQ. Especially if they had all that great outdoor seating.