PDA

View Full Version : Adding the dining once we arrive

Wishmaker
02-28-2010, 03:01 PM
It is possible to add the dining plan to my reservation once we arrive at the resort? I am torn if we want to spend the money or not. If I know I can wait that long before making the decision, I may be able to save up the money.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
You cannot add the dining plan at check-in. There is a cutoff that it must be added to your package reservation, and while I THINK it is 3 days before, I could easily be dead wrong.

But I know for sure you can't do it at check-in.

Also, you can only add the DDP to a package reservation. If you have a room-only reservation, it cannot be added. You would have to cancel the room-only and re-book a package reservation, subject to availability.

gerald72
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
It must be done at least 3 days before check in.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
When you can buy the DDP is an issue but a bigger issue would be the need to make dining reservations. If you wait until the week before to buy the DDP, your dining options will be limited (if you haven't made dining reservations already. I would suggest getting the DDP now and making reservations NOW if tht is the direction you are planning.

Jared
02-28-2010, 06:02 PM
When you can buy the DDP is an issue but a bigger issue would be the need to make dining reservations. If you wait until the week before to buy the DDP, your dining options will be limited (if you haven't made dining reservations already. I would suggest getting the DDP now and making reservations NOW if tht is the direction you are planning.
Good point. WIthout reservations, the dining plan is practically useless, especially during the busy season. Even if you are unsure about your plans, I strongly recommend making reservations. At most places, there is no penalty for a cancellation. That way, if you decide to add the plan, at least you know you'll have places to eat!