PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars - Season 10

murphy1
02-28-2010, 11:36 AM
New cast reveal Monday night March 1. I heard Pamela Anderson is going on. I don't know how she will balance herself

Melanie
02-28-2010, 11:42 AM
It's funny, I haven't seen a lot of speculation on cast this time. Nowadays, I'm just as interested in seeing what pros are going to be on. I could really use a break from Derek (and even Mark too). I don't dislike Derek, but he's one of those personalities I could use a break from every once in a while. ;)

Looking forward to hearing the cast!

RedSoxFan
03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
New cast reveal Monday night March 1. I heard Pamela Anderson is going on. I don't know how she will balance herself

Very Funny!!:D

citizensnoopy
03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I guess the rumors are true about Kate Gosselin ... :ack:

coloradowendyl
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Here's the list. Tomorrow on GMA, they are announcing who dances with which pro.

Chad Ochocinco

Aiden Turner

Erin Andrews

Shannen Doherty

Niecy Nash

Nicole Scherzinger

Kate Gosselin

Buzz Aldrin

Evan Lysacek

Jake Pavelka

Pamela Anderson

Not the world's greatest list! Guess I am rooting for Evan!
Wendy

Melanie
03-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Wow. Pretty bad list.

Buzz Aldrin is an interesting choice, but at 80? Really?

wdw dude
03-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Yikes...Those people are stars???? :huh:

:mickey:

Stich8818
03-02-2010, 07:39 AM
..This the best they can come up with. I heard about Kate being on the show and wondered if that would be the best thing. Obviously the money is good (Shawn Johnson made like 125k a week). But Pam Anderson..she has destoyed any show that she has been on and frankly I reall dont want to watch the show now. I think that it is funny that 3 of the contestants are Disney emplyoees and that that number keeps increasing every year. I really, wonder if I will watch this season.

Melanie
03-02-2010, 08:04 AM
I've never even heard of 3 of these folks. I guess I'll somewhat pull for Erin Andrews as she's a local girl and went to the high school about a mile from my house.

Shannon Doherty's been rumored for many seasons. Ochocinco? Blech.

Ready to hear the pairings.

coloradowendyl
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Here are the pairings:
Buzz Aldrin - Ashley Costa
Pamela Anderson - Damian Whitewood
Erin Andrews - Maks
Shannen Doherty - Mark
Kate Gosselin -Tony
Niecy Nash - Louis
Evan Lysacek - Anna T
Chad Ochocinco - Cheryl
Jake Pavelka - Chelsie
Nicole Scherzinger - Derek
Aiden Turner - Edyta

Not a fan of Ashley, but am very glad they didn't give Buzz to Edyta. She was due for a partner that gives her a shot at making it past the first few shows. I feel for Louis...having to listen to Niecy Nash...her voice is like nails on a chalkboard lol!

Wendy

murphy1
03-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks Wendy for posting that. Poor Tony, I think Evan/Anna will win if he moves as well as he does on ice. There's a lot of people I hope go right away, first Kate.

TheDuckRocks
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I guess I'm going to have to do some Googleing, there are 5 of these "celebraties" that I've never heard of.
Rooting for Evan Lysacek
First gone - Kate Gossling, oh please,please

Melanie
03-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Who is Ashley Costa?

And a male pro that's new. Bad season. :unsure:

murphy1
03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Ashley was on the first season, I believe she has since had some kids. What happened to the blonde Anna?

missymouseworld
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Who is Ashley Costa?

Ashley Delgrosso. She was on the first season.

Melanie
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh gotcha. She's the chick with about 10 sisters, who all dance. :D I liked her okay.

I'm kinda glad blonde Anna's not back. She didn't seem like a good fit to me.

MegaDisney
03-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I only recognize 4 names.

:huh:

Melanie
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah....no Karina!!! :clappy:

I'll miss Kym though. :(

TheDuckRocks
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Good heavens, I just noticed Tony is stuck with Kate Gosselin. The way he has always been paired other than with Stacey Kibler(?), who had no fan base, you know he'll never get the win.:mad:

Chrisx2
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
OK, first...no Karina makes me SO happy!:thumbsup:

But this cast seems smaller. No Kym, no Lacey, no Alex (or is it Alec?), no Anna's husband...OK, so I'm apparently not great with names today.

Oh, and no Samantha too. (Not all that upset about that one though.)

Melanie
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
But this cast seems smaller. No Kym, no Lacey, no Alex (or is it Alec?), no Anna's husband...OK, so I'm apparently not great with names today.

Yeah, I'll definitely miss Alec and Jonathan as well.

I wonder with Julianne not back yet again if she's done with the show altogether. Sure wish Derek would move on. :rolleyes:

AdventurerKim
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm rooting for Evan!! :) Kate G. does not deserve or need any more spotlight. I wish the media would stop focusing on her and Jon.

murphy1
03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I just about fell off my chair when I read that Apolo said Pam is too top heavy to win. I agree, go Evan! The Olympians do very well on the show and I think that he pretty much saved the season for me. I still think Apolo and Julianne are the best couple ever on the show, I still hold out hope they will end up together.

murphy1
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Poor Tony, I was watching the rehearsal footage they have with his practice with Kate, she's already being whiny, compaining witch to him it seems. I seriously hope they don't keep her on there for ratings.

Dznygrl79
03-22-2010, 03:52 PM
I am gonna be honest I have never watched the show, it has not really appealed to me but with Buzz and Evan I may have to watch a few episodes. I really hope Buzz does well just because I never really expected to see an Apollo astronaut on "reality" tv.

GO BUZZ!!!

pixiesmimi
03-23-2010, 10:26 AM
What is with Kate's long hair? No way it has grown that long in such a short time. Hair extentions? Boy! What a fake smile she had last night that didn't travel up to her eyes. Those teeth whitening sessions apparently paid off. She tried but she isn't really a dancer. She acted so afraid of being in public but that is what her show was based on, throwing it all out there in front of the public, so why the unease?

I saw a couple that I think would do good but I'm not familiar with names yet so don't know who they are. Except Pamela, of course. Don't think she will make it very far. I told DH that I didn't see how they could construe what she did as ballroom dancing and he said he was enjoying it. :D But does seem like they are getting farther and farther from the original purpose.

Dznygrl79
03-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I really enjoyed two of the couples. I like Erin from ESPN and her partner she was really confident even if she was a little off as the judges said. And the singer from the Pussycat Dolls really moved well. Just my opinion. I felt bad for Buzz, he tried hard but he just didn't move like the people who are oh I don't know 50 years younger then him.
As far as the whole Kate G issue I have never really liked her on tv so those feelings have carried over to the show and I just don't have anything nice to say.

Granny Jill A
03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
It was time for Samantha to move on, IMHO. She added NOTHING to the show, and Tom B. deserves a better co-host.

I'm so out of the loop on who's a star and who isn't. I recognize only a few names. Looks like they will have TWO divas - Shannon and Kate. Don't envy their partners at all.

Niecy's voice is a little hard to take, but perhaps she can tone it down for the show. Like her as a person, and love it when she talks to the messy people on Clean House.

Good 'ol Buzz Aldrin. Gotta cheer for a man who walked on the moon and actually saw alien spaceships.

RedSoxFan
03-24-2010, 09:13 PM
I thought Erin and Nicole were the best dancers last night. The others were so-so. A lot of them I fast forward through them --- it could be a long season as I'm not into as much as in the past.

pixiesmimi
03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
One reason why I'm not so into it any more is because of how often it is on and the long hours. I don't have that much time to watch TV at night and hate to miss any of it if I'm into this season but also hate to miss other shows because it is on two or three days a week. One day a week is plenty. But I think the fact that they get really bad dancers on there and then keep them around so long when they should be gone makes it really boring at times. I lose interest then.

Chrisx2
03-30-2010, 12:29 PM
OK, what would you have to be like to get Tony to walk out? Wow. I didn't really have an opinion on Kate before because I never watched her show on TLC but I love Tony and as much as I will miss him, I hope she is voted off soon to save him some sanity.

I thought last night was good but I'm not quite on the Nicole-Derek bandwagon. 10's? Week 2?

I did think Len's comments about listening to the pros was absolutely called for but directed at the wrong "star". I didn't think Erin gave Maks that hard of a time in comparison.

Granny Jill A
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
After last night's show, I'm thinking that DWTS has run its' course. They are having to scrape the barrel to come up with "stars", and I'm getting tired of Len, Bruno, and Carrie trotting out the same old criticisms.

RedSoxFan
03-30-2010, 03:33 PM
I found myself fast forwarding through some of the dances again --- most of the foxtrots. I get the jist of them after a minute or so. Erin and Nicole were good. I really hope Kate goes tonight. I don't care for her attitude and she was awful. Pam was surprisingly good too. And I don't like Brook as the cohost. I would rather listen to Samantha.

Melanie
03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought last night was good but I'm not quite on the Nicole-Derek bandwagon. 10's? Week 2?

Ridiculous. Derek is on my last nerve. :unsure:

RedSoxFan
03-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Well, I don't agree with sending Shannon home last night. I really was hoping it would be Kate. She was the worst besides Buzz; but he's a legend.

Dznygrl79
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
I was so mad to see Shannon go over Kate, ughh Kate didn't even look like she learned the moves. This is the first season I have watched the show but I am enjoying it....I really enjoyed Nacey (sp?) this week she moved beautifully.

murphy1
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
I was really hoping to come on here and say how happy I was Kate was off. Tracey, it's terrible that you had to see Tony this way b/c he is very pleasant, she is lucky not to be with Maks, he would leave. I am over her "I'm a mom" thing, ugh. Kate, your 15 min are up! And Erin is cute, she is joking around, not complaining, I really like her. Still love Evan. Niecy is great, we share the same birthday. I had to take broadcast courses for my Journalism degree, maybe Brooke might need some, it's not easy doing that kind of work, even though it looks like it is.

pixiesmimi
03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
The wrong person definately went home. I thought it should have been Kate or Pamela but preferrably Kate. Shannon at least looked pretty good in her dance. I guess the fan vote didn't turn out. I'm very tired of them keeping the bad dancers on for ratings and sending the better dancers home. In a real ballroom dance off Shannon would not have been the first to go. The long hours and many days a week for this show is getting old but especially when half of the show is taken up with other performers and dancers. Just get on with it already. You could put it all in one show without all of this.

RedSoxFan
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Well, I can't believe Kate is still around. Unbelievable.

TheDuckRocks
04-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Well, I can't believe Kate is still around. Unbelievable.

:ack::ack::ack:

RAIDER
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Ridiculous. Derek is on my last nerve. :unsure:

Ditto ...He was getting on my nerves when the other contestants were getting their votes in the background .... Has this bloke got an ego or what !!!:mad: and his little helper Mark Ballas is not far behind :sick: :ack:

RedSoxFan
04-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I really hope Kate goes home tonight. She was so awful.

coloradowendyl
04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Kate needs to go, but please do not put Jake in his tidy whities on TV again! That was more than I needed to see last night lol!

wendy

wildernesslady
04-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Kate needs to go, but please do not put Jake in his tidy whities on TV again! That was more than I needed to see last night lol!

wendy

Ditto! Who keeps on voting for her. I feel bad for Tony. He looks miserable.

RedSoxFan
04-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Finally --- Kate is gone. About time.:D

murphy1
04-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Wendy, they let him go back on just for you! I hope Evan wins this thing, love him! I used to like Derek, but not now not so much, he always does weird things with his face. I saw that octomom on Oprah yesterday and she basically slammed Kate for the whole reality thing, I had to laugh

coloradowendyl
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Yup...Jake danced just for me lol!

I figured he would be the repeat because Pam was the repeat last week.

I am hoping Chad steps up his game, but if not, next week will be him or Neicy gone I think!

Anyone besides me notice that no one left the stage for a group hug for Kate last night?

Wendy

Magic Smiles
04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
As predictable as he is......Jake had tears. Glad to see him gone. I liked him at one time, but over exposure and too many tears can change a persons mind.

RedSoxFan
04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
I am OK to see Jake gone. It was time. Oh --- Len may have a problem with Maks taking his shirt; but I don't mind.:D

indytraveler
05-10-2010, 09:09 AM
looking forward to tonights show. Since Kate was kicked off the show awhile back not many posts here?? Maybe she kept everyone's interest whether good or bad. We are getting to the point where some decent dancers may be heading home. Its all in the vote. Niecy or Chad should be going home this week but you're never sure.

RedSoxFan
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Neicy going home did not surprise. I think it was the right choice. I'm guessing Chad will be sent home next week.

Melanie
05-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Derek Hough has to be one of the most irritating humans ever, and didn't find much endearing about Nicole either. Not happy with this outcome at all.

RedSoxFan
05-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm not overly happy that they won either. I knew Erin/Maks were a long shot; but I was hopeful. Anna/Evan were great too and I was rooting for them when Erin/Maks were voted off.

TheDuckRocks
05-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Well, this win was certainly foreseeable and I for one am sick and tired of Derek and his pawing his partners while wiating for their scores.:ack: