PDA

View Full Version : How far out do they "normally" post the refurb schedule?

Gregandmel
02-28-2010, 07:45 AM
We are going to Disney at the end of April this year and I constantly check the refurb schedule so we are prepared for any maintenance issues we may encounter while we are there. Does anyone know how far in advance they will post refurbs if it's something "known" they will be working on? My son's absolute highlight of our entire trip is Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. I would hate for this to be down while we are there. I'm hopeful it won't be down for any reason since I haven't seen anything posted on it so far, but we are still about 2 months out. Anyone know? I DO realize that sometimes things go down unexpectedly....

SBETigg
02-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Tower of Terror is the one ride that I've been watching. They're changing it up for the summer, so I could imagine it going down in April after Easter. Sometimes, refurbs are announced far in advance, sometimes not. There are no set rules as to how far in advance they''ll announce it. It varies.

Figment!
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately, refurbishment advance notice is one thing that Walt Disney World does very inconsistently.

Tower of Terror is the one ride that I've been watching. They're changing it up for the summer, so I could imagine it going down in April after Easter. There is currently no information to the contrary, but with Summer Nightastic! not tentatively starting until June 6th I would expect any closure to happen a week or two prior to the start of the event. Also the announced changes appear to be minimal as far as physical additions, so there is also the potentiality that the addition of effects and testing of the new sequences could be done during third shift or partitioned* during regular park hours resulting in no full closure.

*Upgrade one drop shaft, then the other.

Gregandmel
02-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, refurbishment advance notice is one thing that Walt Disney World does very inconsistently.

There is currently no information to the contrary, but with Summer Nightastic! not tentatively starting until June 6th I would expect any closure to happen a week or two prior to the start of the event. Also the announced changes appear to be minimal as far as physical additions, so there is also the potentiality that the addition of effects and testing of the new sequences could be done during third shift or partitioned* during regular park hours resulting in no full closure.

*Upgrade one drop shaft, then the other.

So is there a possibility that they will leave the attraction open to the public while they do this? Oh wow.....I would just be SICK if this ride was closed while we were there. Ugh!

Figment!
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
So is there a possibility that they will leave the attraction open to the public while they do this? It's certaintly potential scenario, but nothing has been announced yet as to when or how they will install the upgrades.