PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a positive/negative venting thread?

pink
02-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Because boy do I need one. I don't know about the rest of you.

I had posted a few things on here in the past month: dealing with harassment at my job, cat pee destroying my whole bed, etc.

But unfortunately, the bad just keeps on coming for me and I feel like venting and speaking about my problems here is very theraputic (sp) so I thought maybe some of you would enjoy it as well. However, reading all negative things can be depressing so I thought maybe we could also include some positive things that have happened to us as well.

For example-

Negative:
Yesterday I brought my car to my car dealership to get it fixed as the car wouldn't run. They told me I have get an engine flush and charged me $200 as it wasn't covered under the warranty. Today the car broke down again with the same problems. I asked my job to look at it (a car dealership) only for them to tell me I was ripped off and never needed the engine flush in the first place. My dealership fixed my broken vehicle but I was scammed in the process.

I was also called by a scam artist today telling me that my debit card was stolen. I called my bank only to find that it wasn't and it was just a scam.

Positive:
I get to meet Rob Pattinson on Monday.
I had a great snow day yesterday.
I have a wonderful DBF who is going to drive me home from work since I don't have a car.

Your turn!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry about the car problems, Pink. Have fun with Rob!

Negative: My best friend died on January 1, quite unexpectedly. After celebrating a wonderful new year with her family, she was relaxing with her husband and her heart just stopped. Just like that, she was gone. We always told each other how much we meant to each other, thank goodness. Ironically, she lost some friends and family last year and she was so looking forward to a fresh start in 2010. I miss her so much and I'm having a really hard time with the loss.

Positive: My 5th book comes out in April, and it has been a much bigger deal than my previous novels. It's getting media attention (interview with me in USA Today on Thursday), and I have made some nice deals with it. It is being published in the UK as well as in the US, and it will be released as an audio book (for download or on tape or CD). This has enabled me to pay off a bunch of bills and take a little trip to WDW to celebrate with my husband, which is very sweet. But none of it makes up for missing my friend. Life is short.

pink
02-27-2010, 05:46 PM
SBETigg- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes life is so unfair in those ways. It is nice to know that you told each other how you cherished each other, too many people keep those emotions inside. As for the book, congratulations! That is an extroadinary achievement. The interview is awesome too, I hope it gets you lots of attention. If possible, could you tell us the title or PM it to me, I would love to read it.
:mickey:

SBETigg
02-27-2010, 05:52 PM
The title is Jane Slayre. It's a retelling of Jane Eyre with Jane as a vampire slayer. Charlotte Bronte is credited as my co-author. You can access my website through my profile if you want to know more. Please consider using the link to Amazon in the INTERCOT sidebar if you want to preorder it (that way, this site benefits, too). :)

Tinkerfreak
02-27-2010, 05:53 PM
SBETigg- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes life is so unfair in those ways. It is nice to know that you told each other how you cherished each other, too many people keep those emotions inside. As for the book, congratulations! That is an extroadinary achievement. The interview is awesome too, I hope it gets you lots of attention. If possible, could you tell us the title or PM it to me, I would love to read it.
:mickey:

I would also love to have the new book title. I read the last two you wrote and they were excellent!!!

SBETigg
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I would also love to have the new book title. I read the last two you wrote and they were excellent!!!

Thank you. You're so sweet. :blush:

PirateLover
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Pink, sorry your troubles continue. Sherri, that is exciting news about the book!!! I think I may give it a try, even though I have bad memories of having to read the original in high school...

Negatives:
I am really unfulfilled and unhappy at my current job. I work at a tuition based school for a minimal salary and we are on the brink of closing, and I feel as if all the administration cares about is $$$. I have children in my class who just do not care, and some whom I just cannot teach because they require special individualized attention that I cannot give. It's a constant battle to go in there and try my best every day. I need to look for a new job and I started the process whole heartedly in Jan, but haven't done much since. I get home and just can't be bothered to look/work on portfolio/fill out applications etc. It's a difficult cycle because obviously I won't find a better job if I don't apply for it, but at the same time my motivation is so lacking.

Also because of all the snow days, school now starts at 7:45am and ends at 3:15, and our 2pm friday dismissals have been taken away. Definitely not fun.

Positives:
One of the other major stresses was my wedding, which is coming up in May, but my wonderful fiancee has gotten much more pro-active in helping me get things done and now there is very little left to do except look forward to it! Also our wonderful honeymoon is fully booked for June. We will spend 4 days in Disney, 2 at Universal, and 3 in Palm Beach.
Last but not least, baseball season is just around the corner. The Fightin' Phils start the season against the Washington Nationals in DC on April 5, and we are headed down with a group of about 20 people to cheer them on.

SBETigg
02-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Maryanne, you have had so many snow days! Who could believe such a winter would hit you? We had an unusually low amount of snow in my area. It's so weird. I'm sorry for the added stress. The school situation sounds pretty miserable.

But the wedding situation, yay! How fun to have it all planned and booked! No doubt you'll have more stress, but it will all be worth it once you have your big day, and the honeymoon, and the rest of your lives ahead of you. So exciting!

Lakin
02-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Negative - Science and Social Studies test on Monday. Don't want to take either of them.

Positive - Well, I've had a good weekend.

Jenemmy
02-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I think venting can be healthy, for sure. No sense in keeping stress bottled up inside! But, I think it shows a lot of character that you are counterbalancing it with positives. Joy is a choice!

So for me, I guess my negative would be having to watch my son struggle with autism every day of his life. Pondering what his future holds. Don't get me wrong, HE is not a negative in my life and I don't need him to change. That kid lights up my world. Watching what he misses out on and what he may never be able to have is what is difficult.

Positive -- not only is that son healthy and reasonably happy, but he finally started talking to us in short sentences after 11 years, and getting some basic needs/wants across. He has always been affectionate and loving. I have 2 other kids that are wonderful and a husband who still takes my breath away after almost 17 years of marriage. :mickey:

I have a lot of faith and really believe things happen the way they are suppose to happen, even if we don't understand right away. I have also learned that once you make it through a deep valley in life, the view from the peak is that much sweeter.

beksy
03-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Great idea for a thread. I think it does us all good to vent (and my cat gets a little fed up listening to me!). By the way, congrats on the new book Sherri. I can't wait to read it.

Negatives--I had to miss a week of school so I'm a little behind because my grandmother suffered a massive heart attack last Friday and then a smaller one this past Friday. She was in CCU and the doctors didn't give us much hope she would pull through. It was a very stressful, sad, and tiring time.

Positives--My grandmother is doing a whole lot better. She was moved to a regular room and is talking and a lot like her old self at least in attitude. She was even given some solid food yesterday. I am able to get back to school (just have to worry about a relapse but I'm hopeful). I am also finally geting a dishwasher!

SBETigg
03-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Prayers for your grandmother, Tiffany. How scary! I'm glad she is doing better and best wishes on her continued recovery.

I'm watching Rob Pattinson with Matt Lauer on the Today Show right now and thinking of Pink. :)

murphy1
03-01-2010, 09:29 AM
My Uncle just passed from HIV (he was 62) and my grandpa is in the hospital, they are giving him only a few weeks, but I have seen him twice in the last two years and I didn't think I would even get that. He is 90 and has had a wonderful life, he is a Pearl Harbor Survivor and met my grandmother there. She is still with us and I'm very close to her.

I am working on two quilts for a contest and I have a great feeling about how they will be judged, but we'll see. I love keeping busy.

Ian
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Negatives--I had to miss a week of school so I'm a little behind because my grandmother suffered a massive heart attack last Friday and then a smaller one this past Friday. She was in CCU and the doctors didn't give us much hope she would pull through. It was a very stressful, sad, and tiring time.I feel your pain. My Grandmother has been in the hospital for almost two weeks suffering from a very, very serious case of pneumonia. It's been very up and down, with today being pretty down. We just got a call from her doctor that she's still not capable of breathing on her own and they're talking about having to do a trache.

She's been on a vent for 12 days and the doctor said she can't stay on a vent for any longer, that they'd have to trache her. The doctor also asked my Mom to come in for a conference, which certainly doesn't sound very good either.

It's been frustrating, though, because her nurses keep telling me she's doing well whenever I'm there visiting (which is basically every day), but yet she doesn't actually seem to be getting any better.

It's been a very, very difficult and frustrating experience so far.

The positives are, as always, my family. My kids are the light of my life, my wife is my rock, and I know that no matter what happens I'll have a terrific support network to help me through it. I'm very lucky that way.

Julie_Mouse
03-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I suppose I am blessed in the sense that I don't have much to be negative about (currently), but I'm really trying to soak it up because I know how quickly the tables can turn!

Positives:
I got into one of my top 3 graduate programs!
My prof agreed to redistribute the marks from a midterm I missed to my final exam (I was an interview for graduate school), so I don't have to stress about studying for it.
I have been offered my current (good paying!)job for the summer until I leave for grad school.

Negatives:
My undergraduate thesis is due in roughly 3 weeks, and due to a lot of circumstances beyond my control, I feel like I'm way behind.

Thinking positive thoughts for anyone who is currently dealing with the illness or death of a loved one :hug:, as I know well how difficult that can be.

laprana
03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't really have anything to vent, just wanted to say:

Sherri, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. :( My deepest condolences to you and to your friend's family. But on the positive side, congrats on the new book! How exciting!

Shari, condolences and prayers to you on the loss of your uncle and your grandpa's health. I'm so sorry you're going through all of that. :hug:

Ian, I hope things turn around for the better with your grandmother. What a tough situation...I hope her health improves soon.

Sending some :pixie: to all of you and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

princessgirls
03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
A great idea for a thread! I love it and my Intercot family...

Negative: Tired of the winter and the snow, it is wearing me down!
My Mom (70) who is in excellent health and very active is having foot surgery on Wednesday and although it's not serious, it will keep her off her feet for 8 weeks. She is thinking about retiring too, which she hasn't ever mentioned before. I hope this time home is not hard on her. My girls will miss Grandma coming to their games and stopping over too.

Positive: I feel blessed. This past year has shown me that life isn't always fair.
Cherish Today! Don't take your health for granted, tell people you love them and enjoy life!
I'm so thankful for Fred and my girls Morgan and Madison and the life that we share.
Julie:mickey:

Mousefever
03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm finally decompressing after a roller coaster of a week.

Negative: I received a call last Tuesday that my cousin's daughter was a victim of a school shooting here in Littleton, CO. She was one of two middle school students who was shot by the gunman, but by the time I got to the hospital I found out that her wounds were relatively minor. Their mom was out of town, so I stayed the night with the three kids. They're all in their teens, but they needed support. I lived with them when I first moved to Colorado and I was their nanny for many years after school and summers.

Positive: I spent last weekend with my step daughter, her husband, and three year old in St. Louis. While I was there she had her second baby! The baby was early by a couple weeks, so I didn't expect to be able to see the new baby this trip.

Crazy week.

I'm sorry for those in this thread who are dealing with the death or illness of a loved one.

Amy

c&d
03-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Negatives: My MIL was diagnosed with bone cancer, she had the surgery and it was all stage one, however when they did the biopsy of the entire tumor there was some aggressive cells found in the middle. Hopefully it hasn't spread.

Postive: My son qualified NE YMCA championships in swimming and after lollygagging for almost a year my 86 year old father is finally moving up to be near me.

murphy1
03-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Looks like grandpa is going to only be with us maybe a few more days. He's on morphine pretty much round the clock. Even though I am only one state away, it stinks not to be right there. Our big goal is no pain for him right now. I am going down in April and am also going to try to get back to see my grandma (just me) for a visit. She is handling things really well. Thanks for the venting space.

SBETigg
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Shari, I'm glad your grandfather isn't in pain. It must be hard on your grandmother. I'm sorry about your uncle, too. Was he their son? That would be rough. Prayers to your grandparents, and I know you'll feel better to see your grandmother soon.

murphy1
03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks :) My uncle is my mom's brother. I feel blessed that the kids have gotten to know their great-grandparents.

murphy1
03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I just got a call while we were out from my mom that he passed :(

Mousefever
03-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Oh. I'm very sorry, Shari. It's never easy to lose a loved one. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Amy

murphy1
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks Amy, I certainly appreciate it. I'm lucky to have had them in my life for 43 years now. I can't imagine being at their house on the beach that I have grown up going to and him not there.

DVC2004
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I just got a call while we were out from my mom that he passed :(

Shari- I am so sorry! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

laprana
03-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Shari, I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, and sending some :pixie: your way.

murphy1
03-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks everyone, it helped to talk about it. They are having the service mid-April now ( he was cremated) as we can't get into the Military cemetery until then.

RedSoxFan
03-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Shari---so sorry to hear about your loss. So hard to lose your grandfather. My FIL died in October from cancer and my kids were devastated by it.

murphy1
03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Shari---so sorry to hear about your loss. So hard to lose your grandfather. My FIL died in October from cancer and my kids were devastated by it.

I am so sorry. It is really a horrible disease. I know your kids will treasure their memories of him.

pink
03-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm watching Rob Pattinson with Matt Lauer on the Today Show right now and thinking of Pink.

Haha, how funny. I had the best time seeing him. We also went over to the premiere of Remember Me that same night and I got to meet Kristen Stewart (Bella) too. I got pictures and everything it was unreal.

I received a call last Tuesday that my cousin's daughter was a victim of a school shooting here in Littleton, CO. She was one of two middle school students who was shot by the gunman, but by the time I got to the hospital I found out that her wounds were relatively minor. Their mom was out of town, so I stayed the night with the three kids. They're all in their teens, but they needed support. I lived with them when I first moved to Colorado and I was their nanny for many years after school and summers.

That is so scary. I hope everyone is ok. I used to live right near Littleton, that just shocked me to read that.

As for everyone else, I'm keeping you in my thoughts that every one of your loved ones is healed. I'm sorry for your loss Shari. :(

My venting of the week:

Negative- My stomach disorder is acting up again and it looks like a medical leave is in the near future.

Positive- We just celebrated my grandma's 80th birthday with henna tattoos, belly dancing and great food. She was so suprised and happy. It is also a great week because the weather is beautiful.

DizNee143
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
i could really use this thread right now..

negative - this pass tuesday..i got into a fight with the inlaws...because..i dont want them driving around with my daughter (3 months) if it isnt nessacary...i dont see the need to have to take her anywhere at such a yound age...it doesnt go just for them..its anyone who watches her..everyone respected and accepts it..and its not gonna be forever..im a new mom..i dont really know everything..but i feel strongly about this..
but they are fighting us..well more like just me on this..my husband does not agree with me..but he sees how strongly i feel about this and is supporting me 100%..
his parents have now stopped watching her on mon and tues like they were while we were at work and helping us out...AND they are thinking of not coming to her christening now..all because i want this for my daughter..
its a total bunch of BS..and they are turning this into mount everest..now they are nit picking everything..the rest of the family is sorta ganging up on me..i feel like im back in highschool..with the way they are acting..they wont really talk to me so we can get pass this..again i feel like im dealing with children than adults...
and my only other negative is..isnt really a negative just makes me worry is..we are so tight on money and now even tighter since the inlaws have stopped watching her and she now goes to the babysitter all week..i dont know how we are going to make it every month..

positive..
i have my daughter..my beautiful 3 month old daughter Cheyenne..i love her to pieces..she lights up my life everytime she smiles at me..i love being her mommy...i have my loving husband who is supposrting me even though its causing major tenison with his parents..
i have my health..i have a job..and we are planning to go to disney in dec of 2011..so i have that to look forward to..:mickey:

SBETigg
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Brittany, hang in there. It's a tough situation with your in-laws. I think you're the mom and they should respect your wishes. On the other hand, I see that it's a hard call because they're giving some childcare help and they want it their way.

When I look back on some of my new mom decisions, I can see that I was sometimes overprotective and a little rigid, but I had to have the freedom to find my own way and I think you deserve that, too. She's your baby. It's natural to want to protect her and have some say in where she goes and what happens when she's in someone else's care. When you need help with childcare, sometimes you have to pick your battles and figure out what you can back down on and what you can hold firm to make it all work. People should try to respect your wishes, and so glad your husband is standing with you. Best wishes with it.

DizNee143
03-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Brittany, hang in there. It's a tough situation with your in-laws. I think you're the mom and they should respect your wishes. On the other hand, I see that it's a hard call because they're giving some childcare help and they want it their way.

When I look back on some of my new mom decisions, I can see that I was sometimes overprotective and a little rigid, but I had to have the freedom to find my own way and I think you deserve that, too. She's your baby. It's natural to want to protect her and have some say in where she goes and what happens when she's in someone else's care. When you need help with childcare, sometimes you have to pick your battles and figure out what you can back down on and what you can hold firm to make it all work. People should try to respect your wishes, and so glad your husband is standing with you. Best wishes with it.

thank you so much for writing that...
i wish they can understand it..but its like there way or the highway..its crazy...
its the only thing you can say im being over protective with..otherwise im a pretty laid back kinda parent..its just this one simple thing..my parents understand and so does everyone else who we let watch her..they all got it..but i just dont know why its so hard with them..

mjaclyn
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
This thread is a great idea because I really do need to vent:

Negative:
I just read on my local newspaper's website about a man in the local area who was found guilty for sexually abusing his 7 MONTH old daughter. He then left her to die, face down in the mud in the woods. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??? I couldn't even read the whole story because I felt like I was going to be sick. I can't believe how depraved some people are in today's world. I hope the jerk gets what he deserves.

Positive:
It was a beautiful day today!! It finally feels like spring is here! DH and I took our two kids outside yesterday for a nice walk and our DD 3yrs rode her bicycle for the first time. It was so cute! I'm really looking forward to more nice weather and lots more time outside. :-)

pink
03-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Brittany, I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time. People tend to get offended so easily and it is tough to deal with when it is your family who is giving you a hard time. I know that if I had a baby, I wouldn't want she/he in a car all the time if they didn't have to be, you never know what could happen. Babies are so fragile. I really hope they start to see you're P.O.V. soon.

Mjaclyn- We have been having beautiful weather too. It felt like summer today, in the near 70's. I hope it stays around forever. As for that news story, some people are so disturbing. That story reminded me of something I saw on my news the other day. A woman was caught on video throwing her bulldog against a wall and then trying to decapitate it with a shovel. The woman is now facing two felonies and the dog is hurt but alive, it just frustrates me so much how cruel people can be.

mjaclyn
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I may have to post on this thread every day! Venting really helps...

Positive:
My kids are so cute... DD 3yrs is constantly going around the house singing and dancing. She practically lives in her princess costumes - she's such a girly girl! I was cracking up the other day because she was singing 'Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA' with this big sunhat on. So cute!

Negative:
I am SO disappointed because DD won't be able to be in her very first dance recital this year. After months of time and money spent at a local dance studio I was informed that no parents are allowed at ANY of the rehearsals or backstage at the dress rehearsal/recital. DD is only 3 and still potty training...there is no possible way I'm leaving her for 4 to 5 hours with strangers. I spoke with the instructor today about my concerns and she said that she won't make any exceptions, that in the past she's let parents backstage and that has caused some of the children to cry and not want to perform. I'm so upset because DD absolutely LOVES her dance class and was really looking forward to the recital. Also, now that it's March there isn't enough time left to put her into a new dance school for a recital in June. I've also already paid $120 for her costume and I feel cheated. If I had known ahead of time that these were the rules I NEVER would have enrolled her in this dance school. I'm so mad about it and really sad at the same time. She's only 3 once and would have been so incredibly sweet in her first recital. Now I'm going to have to wait a whole entire year and find a different dance school to put her in. What a waste!!!

DisneyOtaku
03-10-2010, 01:33 PM
The title is Jane Slayre. It's a retelling of Jane Eyre with Jane as a vampire slayer. Charlotte Bronte is credited as my co-author. You can access my website through my profile if you want to know more. Please consider using the link to Amazon in the INTERCOT sidebar if you want to preorder it (that way, this site benefits, too). :)

...oh my gosh. I think you just became my hero.

SBETigg
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
...oh my gosh. I think you just became my hero.

Very flattering! Thank you. :blush:

pink
03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I am SO disappointed because DD won't be able to be in her very first dance recital this year. After months of time and money spent at a local dance studio I was informed that no parents are allowed at ANY of the rehearsals or backstage at the dress rehearsal/recital. DD is only 3 and still potty training...there is no possible way I'm leaving her for 4 to 5 hours with strangers. I spoke with the instructor today about my concerns and she said that she won't make any exceptions, that in the past she's let parents backstage and that has caused some of the children to cry and not want to perform. I'm so upset because DD absolutely LOVES her dance class and was really looking forward to the recital. Also, now that it's March there isn't enough time left to put her into a new dance school for a recital in June. I've also already paid $120 for her costume and I feel cheated. If I had known ahead of time that these were the rules I NEVER would have enrolled her in this dance school. I'm so mad about it and really sad at the same time. She's only 3 once and would have been so incredibly sweet in her first recital. Now I'm going to have to wait a whole entire year and find a different dance school to put her in. What a waste!!!

I once went to a dance school when I was about 6 years old and I remember them saying that no parents were allowed backstage at any of the recitals despite me having 5 costumes changes with tights, hair changes, etc and no one there to help me. I remember my mom just sneaking back every once and awhile and giving me snacks or helping me change. They can't stop you from seeing your child, they just sound like they're being rediculous and since you have already payed for the costume I think you should just try it. Is it possible for her to go just for her dance and then leave and you two could watch the rest of the show together in the audience? I really hope you find a way to make it work and boy those costumes are getting more and more expensive. :mickey:

DisneyOtaku
03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Boy, do I need this thread:

Positive: I passed the written portion of my MA exams! And one grader really, really loved my first essay. My midterm and papers that are due this week are either super-easy or super-short.

Negative: The other person who graded my exam said I barely passed. He/She made lots of excellent points, I won't deny, but I *did* only have an hour and a half to write the thing. Also, my best friend and I got into our first little tiff this week. We quickly made up, but it still hurt :-( But seeing how we have been friends for close to two years and this is the first time this popped up, I'm alright with it now.

pink
03-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Boy, do I need this thread:

Positive: I passed the written portion of my MA exams! And one grader really, really loved my first essay. My midterm and papers that are due this week are either super-easy or super-short.

Negative: The other person who graded my exam said I barely passed. He/She made lots of excellent points, I won't deny, but I *did* only have an hour and a half to write the thing. Also, my best friend and I got into our first little tiff this week. We quickly made up, but it still hurt :-( But seeing how we have been friends for close to two years and this is the first time this popped up, I'm alright with it now.

Congrats on passing! It is never easy to fight with friends but sometimes fighting will only make you closer in the long run.

Something negative happened to me yesterday, I have a stomach disorder and was sick from school for two days. One of my professors called me over and accused me of lying about not really have this disorder and said that she wanted a letter from my doctor saying that I really do have it. My doctor said he would write it up for me, no problem but I just feel attacked. I've also been having a tought week with my stomach because not only am I in pain every day but I have also been to so many family parties lately and all people do at those things is eat and they all try to force me to eat foods I can't. It is annoying.

jennbunn
03-13-2010, 07:55 PM
well for me my positive would be i started my 3rd quarter of college. i went back to school this fall to get my a.a.s in pharmacy tech. so far school has been good. a little hard to jugle that plus work,being a mom to a 7 year old boy,and taking care of the house and my hubby. the negitive is i had surgery last week and i am still not used to not being able to do the little things on my own. my hubby and son have been a huge help and the break from work came at a good time.

Dznygrl79
03-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone I am gonna chime in a few days late but I so need it right now!

Last May I was injured on the job, I broke a vertebra in my back and it caused two slipped discs. I was only working part time because it was the only work I could find so I wasn't making a great deal of money but it was enough to pay bills. When my doctor released me to go back to work in a sedentary position a few weeks ago the insurance company was released of their obligation to pay me saying I could make the same amount of money I was making. I am sure I could if I had ever done a sedentary or sit down job however I have only ever done day care and food service, two industries that require me to move quickly and lift, which are things I cannot do anymore.
Don't get me wrong I am very grateful that my injury was not worse but I am very frustrated. In May I will start a process called permanancy which will essantially end up with a cash settlement but Delaware does not require the insurance company to assist with retraining for a new carreer. After 12 years doing the same two things its a bit daunting to think I will have to go back to school and at my own expense. Oy vey....

Positve I discovered Reedy Creek Radio and they play Disney Music and ride tracks, I can't be there but I can close my eyes and pretend!!

Thanks for the vent all, I will keep all of you in my prayers. When a friend or loved one is taken from us their memory never leaves and its those happy memories that we should cling too.

pink
03-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Negative- I am still working at the worst job in the world but thankfully I will be done in May. For the time being I still have to deal with rude customers all day. Specifically one today who asked to speak to a manager and then wouldn't tell me why and when I finally go one for them they told me off and gave me an attitude.

I will never understand why people need to vent their anger on strangers versus stating what there real problems are. I have feelings too. :(

Positive- I am almost done with the job, yay and the weather is nice. :mickey:

SBETigg
03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Negative- I am still working at the worst job in the world but thankfully I will be done in May. For the time being I still have to deal with rude customers all day. Specifically one today who asked to speak to a manager and then wouldn't tell me why and when I finally go one for them they told me off and gave me an attitude.

I will never understand why people need to vent their anger on strangers versus stating what there real problems are. I have feelings too. :(

Positive- I am almost done with the job, yay and the weather is nice. :mickey:

So glad for you that you're almost out of that job! And yeah, the weather is gorgeous here, too. But we're supposed to be back to cold and rainy tomorrow.

pink
03-22-2010, 06:59 PM
So glad for you that you're almost out of that job! And yeah, the weather is gorgeous here, too. But we're supposed to be back to cold and rainy tomorrow

Me too! I'm so relieved. :mickey: