PDA

View Full Version : Undescovered Future World Tour

cajunmickey
02-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Epcot is our favorite park. Thought this might be interesting. Has any done this tour? If so what are some good and bad points of the tour.Mom will be in a wheel chair. She just can't walk long distances. Will this be a problem?

CaptSmee
02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't believe the wheelchair will be a problem, you might want to check with Disney ahead of time. It was an interesting tour when we did it about 2 years ago. I don't remember all of it, but we started at guest relations, went to the VIP lounge at Mission Space and some other backstage areas there. We went through the former VIP lounge at Test Track and rode the ride. We went into the Imagination Pavilion in the upstairs section where the rainbow hallway used to be. You go backstage to see the Illuminations barges & into cast member areas in World Showcase.

If you are interested in the inner workings of WDW, it's a worthwhile tour. If you've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK it's similar to that tour, but not as in depth.

Pirate Granny
02-28-2010, 04:30 PM
When I went about 4 years ago, we also go passes to see Illuminations in a special reserved area...I couldn't go as we were having dinner w/friends...they gave me one pass for myself (I took the tour) and one for my husband who was golfing during the tour...
I really enjoyed the tour...wheelchair should be no problem, but I would make sure to tell them in advance.
:pirate:

CaptSmee
03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
When I went about 4 years ago, we also go passes to see Illuminations in a special reserved area...I couldn't go as we were having dinner w/friends...they gave me one pass for myself (I took the tour) and one for my husband who was golfing during the tour...
I really enjoyed the tour...wheelchair should be no problem, but I would make sure to tell them in advance.
:pirate:

yes, they did that too but we didn't use them because we had late dinner ADR's at Rose & Crown and got seated on the balcony so I'm not sure where the special seating was.