PDA

View Full Version : Just a comment on Kouzzina

PeterPan
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Oh, my goodness! I am telling you the food is so great I almost swallowed my tongue! And the service was absolutely impeccable. I had several things (all outstanding) but the most memorable was the seafood stew. Thought I was going to die it was so good. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. I will never go back to WDW without making at least one reservation at Kouzzina.

Incredible!

SBETigg
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Wow, that's a pretty enthusiastic recommendation. Thank you for letting us know. It's not in my plan for next trip, but I might have to reconsider.

TysMomTink
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow. Me too. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. I definitely want to try it out in September!!

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-26-2010, 03:34 PM
another reconsideration over here! maybe if we stay at the BWV.....

ElenitaB
02-26-2010, 06:57 PM
We really enjoyed Kouzzina as well. Have you tried it for breakfast? I highly recommend the sweet potato-turkey hash. :thumbsup:

The Fisherman's Stew was one of our favorite entrees also. The only thing I wasn't as enthusiastic about was their desserts. But after all the good food, who has room anyway?

Jared
02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm with you. Kouzzina is one of the best restaurants in the Epcot resort area and an absolute must-try for fans of Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. I sampled three entrees: the cinnamon chicken, the whole fish and the fisherman's stew. I can't decide which one was the best. All three were fantastic.

I agree with Ellen about the dessert selection. It is definitely lacking. But with Beaches & Cream a short walk away, it doesn't matter much.

Thanks for the enthusiastic review!

luvdiznee
02-27-2010, 08:23 AM
May have to look into going here myself. Any reason to visit the BW area is worth it to me. :cool:

CanadianWDWFan
02-27-2010, 10:23 AM
We loved it so much this summer that we just had to go twice!! It is now one of our favourite restaurants.

DisneyBunch
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm with you. Kouzzina is one of the best restaurants in the Epcot resort area and an absolute must-try for fans of Greek and Mediterranean cuisine.

Maybe you have to be a fan of Greek and Mediterranean cuisine to love it. We went in December and the food was nothing spectacular. The restaurant had a nice atmoshere and good service though. I wouldn't say that we would never go back. Let's just say that we wouldn't go out of our way to go back.:mickey:

Jared
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
What did you guys order? Just curious. I'm always fascinated by how reviews can differ at these places.

DisneyBunch
03-01-2010, 06:57 AM
What did you guys order? Just curious. I'm always fascinated by how reviews can differ at these places.

We all had the Kouzzina Spreads as an appetizer. Two of us had the Traditional Whole Fish as an entree and one of us had the Pastitsio (Greek style lasagna).:mickey:

pdrlkr
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
We also ate at Kouzzina on our last trip. I have to agree, It was awesome! It will be a regular stop for us on future trips! :eat:

DisneyBunch
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
We also ate at Kouzzina on our last trip. I have to agree, It was awesome! It will be a regular stop for us on future trips! :eat:
I must have ordered the wrong thing off of the menu..............:scratch:

That's the great thing about WDW. For every thing that someone's not so hot on, somebody else is crazy about. There was nothing especially bad about my Kouzzina visit, there just wasn't anything that stood out. For my December trip, Jiko was far superior in my opinion. :mickey:

wdwvacationeer
03-02-2010, 06:31 AM
I am so glad other people are liking this restaurant. We ate there in December, despite not so great comments, and loved it. We'll be eating there again this summer for sure.

Jared
03-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I must have ordered the wrong thing off of the menu..............:scratch:

That's the great thing about WDW. For every thing that someone's not so hot on, somebody else is crazy about. There was nothing especially bad about my Kouzzina visit, there just wasn't anything that stood out. For my December trip, Jiko was far superior in my opinion. :mickey:
What you're describing represents part of the beauty of Disney. The place is so varied and expansive, everybody has their own personal favorites. I have never understood the appeal of Le Cellier, and it's perhaps the most popular restaurant on property besides Cinderella's Royal Table. And that place consistently receives considerably better reviews than Kouzzina.

So take it for what it's worth.

PlutoPlanet
03-04-2010, 12:06 PM
We ate there last year during the soft opening. I had the whole fish. It was so moist and flavorful.

My wife went there once with a Greek-American friend. They both liked the restaurant a lot. I think they ate there a 2nd time during their stay.

We're eating there again this year too.

Septbride2002
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Went to Kouzzina's on the 2nd day it was opened - cannot say enough good stuff about it. LOVED everything we had. My husband had the lamb and it was tender and savory - I had the whole fish and it was light and spiced just right - not a hint of fishyness to it. Very very yummy!

~Amanda

crltkcagle
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Is this resturant on the dining plan?

Mackflava99
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes it is on the dining plan

4myprincesses
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Is there an intercot link for Kuzzina's menu? We are thinking of going here, but would like to see a menu first as we have one picky eater going with us.

:mickey:18 days until we hit the road for WDW!!!:mickey:

Scar
04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Is there an intercot link for Kuzzina's menu? We are thinking of going here, but would like to see a menu first as we have one picky eater going with us.

:mickey:18 days until we hit the road for WDW!!!:mickey:http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/board-walk-inn/dining/kouzzina/
Click on one of the links halfway down the page on the right.

big blue and hairy
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Oh, my goodness! I am telling you the food is so great I almost swallowed my tongue!

Uh-oh....better put up warning signs, I sense a lawsuit coming on....:D

I agree, DW and I loved it, both for dinner and breakfast...

:sulley: