PDA

View Full Version : Will I be able to get FP for Toy Story Mania by 10am?

Gregandmel
02-26-2010, 01:34 PM
We are going late April and plan on attending HS on a "non Fantasmic" evening. We will be there 30 minutes before rope drop, but instead of following the masses to obtain FP's for Toy Story Mania, we will instead spend the first hour over by Tower of Terror & Rock N Roller Coaster. These are 2 of my boys favorite rides. If I don't wander over to TSM until around 10am - can I assume I can still get FP's? I REALLY do NOT want to be included in the mass hysteria of people racing over there right at rope drop. Last year we quite enjoyed Tower of Terror almost to ourselves for the first 30 minutes. I've noticed on the Touring Plans Mobile Wait Times new feature that FP's are usually gone by 12:00noon - even in February! Any ideas on if we will be successful or not? Thanks for any insight!

SBETigg
02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
You will probably be successful, especially if you're planning on staying in the park later. You might be pleasantly surprised and find the lines have gone down by then, both for FP and standby. We had good luck with it last April, but we chose standby over FP because the standby line at 9:30-10:30 was only 20-30 minutes. We rode twice. The FP line was insane the whole time.

Ms. Mode
02-26-2010, 02:06 PM
The 1st week of Jan 2010 (which isn't TOO crowded) we sent or DD over to get FPs for TSM at 10:30am.....she got the last one's they had, it was for 9pm. Good luck...this is a "can't miss" ride for us now :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
02-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Are you getting FastPasses for TT or RRC? If you get your 1st FP at 8am, your 2nd FP should be available at about 9:15. You can have one from the group go over to TSM at that time and you should be good. Trust me I'm a weatherman.

ransam
02-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I've offered this suggestion before, thought i'd mention it again. If you can't get a FP, what we've done before is this. what ever time the park closes we get in line at the exact time it closes...ususally the line is smaller in the even ing...and by the time we get through the line, the line leaving the park is much smaller...so instead of dealing w/ a mad rush to the exit, we are able to walk out, take out time, still do some shopping...It's worked out great.

SBETigg
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Are you getting FastPasses for TT or RRC? If you get your 1st FP at 8am, your 2nd FP should be available at about 9:15. You can have one from the group go over to TSM at that time and you should be good. Trust me I'm a weatherman.

If they're headed over to TOT and RRC first thing, they should be able to ride each without any need for FP, maybe more than once.

BigThunderFan
02-26-2010, 05:00 PM
I would venture a guess that there would still be fastpasses available, but they may be fairly late in the day. Why not ride both ToT and RnRC then send a fastpass volunteer over to TSM around 9:30 then meet back up with them by ToT? They can get in several rides on those early, while you can ride and pick up fastpasses pretty quickly.

Pirate Granny
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I was just there last Sunday...and it was a two show Fantasmic Night. We got there around 10:30-11am...and we got Fast Passes for 6:30pm.
:pirate:

CaptSmee
02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
I would venture a guess that there would still be fastpasses available, but they may be fairly late in the day. Why not ride both ToT and RnRC then send a fastpass volunteer over to TSM around 9:30 then meet back up with them by ToT? They can get in several rides on those early, while you can ride and pick up fastpasses pretty quickly.

Great suggestion. We always go nab FP's for TSM 1st, then head over to TOT & RNR and ride without FP's. always works out fine for us.