PDA

View Full Version : Disney's "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains"

mouselover93
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
how is this tour? I'm a huge train fanatic and have always wanted to do this!!!!!!:train:

Maleficent_vf
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
We went in Jan '08 and had a great time. DD is a train buff and enjoyed it very much. Our guide was Ed (don't recall his last name) - very nice and knowledgable.

I'd recommend it! :thumbsup:

ransam
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
this always sounded fun too....i'm not into trains as much as Walt was, but i really think it be fun.

mustBgoofy
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I reserved a spot for this tour on April 2. I was called yesterday by Disney to tell me that they do not do the tour from March 29 to the week after Easter. Has anyone else heard of them not doing the tour at this time? I'm sad because my DH has never been to WDW and this is the ONLY thing he wanted to do! Do people normally cancel tours, so I might have a chance of getting in on March 28th tour?

Loweschevy
02-26-2010, 04:16 PM
This tour was really fun. DM and I are not so into trains, but my DF is-so we stuck it out for him. You get to ride on the train back to the round house-on the way seeing the switch where the trains come off to stay at night. At the roundhouse you get to peek inside and get up in the engine with one of the captains.

The majority of the tour is the guide discussing Walt's passion for trains and pretty good biography as well.

I would keep calling, people tend to cancel tours and adrs as their schedules change.

mustBgoofy
02-26-2010, 11:37 PM
So, I called Disney back because my credit card hadn't been credited back the price of the tour for the trains that I was politely asked to cancel without a lot of explanation other than "we don't do it the week before or after Easter." SO, I called WDW back and spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone being bounced around only to be told that the real reason that I had to cancel the tour on April 2 is because they have changed park hours for MK and the tour also serves as their prep for the train for the day. I was able to book it for Mar. 27th though :-) I can't wait. It is DH's :party: birthday present!!!

crltkcagle
02-27-2010, 10:02 AM
What is the cost for it?

mustBgoofy
02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
What is the cost for it?

$45 a person. However, you get a discount if you have a disney visa but you must pay with the visa and tell them that you have it. For me and DH it costs $83.50 (with the discount).

RBrooksC
03-02-2010, 07:57 AM
What is the reason for ten and older rule for this tour? My son, who is four now and will be five when we go back LOVES trains more than life itself.

BugeyedMuggy
03-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I reserved a spot for this tour on April 2. I was called yesterday by Disney to tell me that they do not do the tour from March 29 to the week after Easter. Has anyone else heard of them not doing the tour at this time? I'm sad because my DH has never been to WDW and this is the ONLY thing he wanted to do! Do people normally cancel tours, so I might have a chance of getting in on March 28th tour?

My sister called and she was told they were doing renovations on the wheelhouse. This was for early May so I'm not sure if that is also the reason for your timeframe.