PDA

View Full Version : Park Crowds the last week of April?

TeamJonasSister
02-26-2010, 11:56 AM
We go every year in September and absolutely love the parks being non crowded. We are going the last week of April this year, and wondering what we should expect crowd wise, in comparison to September? Does anyone have any info on this?

SBETigg
02-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I've never been in September, but we tried April last year and loved it. Moderate crowds (over a week after Easter, but during some of the Northeast school breaks) and really lovely weather. It was hot, but not super hot or humid. It rained for about a half hour in the afternoon on a few days, but not all.

The week you're going is after the remaining few school breaks but at the beginning of the grad night season, I think. We had a few school groups touring in matching shirts, but they were fine and not a problem. Just plan ahead and take note of park hours. I think you'll find that it's a nice time to go.

Gregandmel
02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
They will be more crowded than September but I think it falls more into the "Average" attendance level as opposed to "Low" or "High". We are also going last week in April (April 24-May 1st) and luckily we will miss the majority of the Spring Break/Easter Crowds....but there will still be plenty of people around. We are sandwiched between Grad Nights the weekends of April 23/24 and April 30/May 1 as well as the Cheerleading World Championships April 23-26. I"m hoping for decent crowd levels though. I checked with Wendy at Magical Journeys who booked our reservations and she said that crowds looked to be "average" (not high and not low) and that they were still showing some availablity for late April with the discounted room rates. So....we just plan on getting to the parks early and leaving in the early afternoon to hang out at our resort and do other things. Hopefully that will be a decent plan to avoid the height of crowds.

BigRedDad
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Expect moderate crowds at least. Depending on when you go, there is a Cheerleader and Dance World championship as well.

wdw dude
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I sure hope it won't be bad. I've never been to WDW at this time of year, either.

:mickey:

BigThunderFan
02-26-2010, 04:51 PM
We went last week of April in 2008 and I will say it was much more crowded than I expected. I wouldn't say it was more than moderate (3 out of 5 with 5 being Christmas Day) it just caught me off guard. Definitely go to the parks early and you won't even have to worry about crowds at all.

Ksmith75
02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
We go every year that time...this year it is april 25-may 4. It is a great time to go....i would say moderate crowds...but if you get to the parks before they open..you will be in good shape...we ride all the big ticket rides early..then pleasantly tour the parks....it has alot of people...but I would never call it very crowded...it is a great time to go....we harldy wait in any lines longer than 15-20 min...