PDA

View Full Version : Best place for kids

Bethis26fan
02-26-2010, 11:11 AM
We are taking my 2 little cousin's to the world next year they will be 2 & 4 both girls. Where are some of your favorite place to take kids to eat?

wdwnutz
02-26-2010, 11:32 AM
We have a DD16 and DS3. We love Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef and 50's Cafe.

Disney4us2
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Our first trip to WDW my DD was 5. We did all the princess dining, as well as Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace and LTT (when they had the characters). She really liked CRT because you got to eat in the castle. Chef Mickeys came in at the top as well.

Last trip (she was 7) we tried LeCellier and she loved it, especially the chocolate "moose" and Teppan Edo.

Next time we are going to try Garden Grille for character dining.

Do the girls have any favorite characters or food likes or dis-likes? There are so many choices at WDW. I don't think you can go wrong. Have fun planning.

Bethis26fan
02-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Faith the 4 year old like pluto and the puppies. This will be her 1st trip.

Abby will be 2 and this is her 2nd trip she went with us this past nov/dec she is a disney baby she loves them all lol. Donald, Goofy, Mickey & Minnie & Handy Manny are her favorites.

Our goal for the next is to get Faith use to all the characters. Shes watching the disney channel now.

We were thinking about doing the Princess thing in norway, but didn't know what meal to do.

We will probably do CP for breakfast.
I would like to do garden grill but if we do the princess thing I'm not sure how that will work out.

murphy1
02-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Of course they will love the Norway Princess breakfast!

A&M'sMommy
02-26-2010, 12:34 PM
My kids are older, 6 and 12, we just came back a few weeks ago but they loved the breakfast at Hollywood & Vine - JoJo, Einsteins, Goliath. They also loved the Sci-Fi Diner.

biodtl
02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
If you want to do princesses and money is a concern, do the Akershus breakfast. CRT is wonderful, but on the DDP, it is 2 TS credits vs. 1 (and I assume more expensive when paying cash). The food is good, the interaction is good and you get the photo package like CRT.

Disney Doll
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
With little ones I like buffet or family style that way there is less waiting and less time for little guys to become impatient. We did the Norway breakfast with our nieces a few years back and it was great.

BigRedDad
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Tusker House Breakfast. It is one of the best.

Akershus in Norway for breakfast with the Princesses.

Crystal Palace for Pooh and Friends

Chef Mickey's for the Fab 5.

O'hanas breakfast if you like Lilo and Stitch.

Those are the ones I know about.

Bethis26fan
02-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks. I can't wait to take them. Only a year to go. We've went the last 4 years and are skipping a year & i'm lost not planning a trip.

murphy1
02-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Beth, come over to Atlanta and I can drive us down for a quick trip!!

eandrsmom
02-28-2010, 05:14 PM
My kids love 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. They get to dance with Cinderella and Prince Charming during dinner. The step sisters are a hoot! We asked one if her foot was small enough for the glass slipper, and she hiked up her dress and stuck her foot in the air! We never miss dinner there. I think the food selection and quality is better than some of the other character dinners.

Jared
02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
my new favorite character meal is at Tusker House Restaurant, so I suspect your cousins will be quite happy there. The classic characters are wearing safari gear, and the buffet is certainly better than most.

I also hear wonderful things about the character meal at Garden Grill, so you may consider looking into that one.

murphy1
03-01-2010, 08:44 AM
my new favorite character meal is at Tusker House Restaurant, so I suspect your cousins will be quite happy there. The classic characters are wearing safari gear, and the buffet is certainly better than most.

I also hear wonderful things about the character meal at Garden Grill, so you may consider looking into that one.

We love Garden Grill, haven't been since lunch, but I'm sure dinner is great, too. The character interaction is the BEST there.

Bethis26fan
03-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Yea we ate at the garden grill 2 times before & really liked it with out kids so I know the kids will.

harlowandthemermaid
03-01-2010, 03:41 PM
We love Ohana, they have a little parade with maracas and the music from Lilo and Stitch. Donald's Safari breakfast is fun too. The play and dine is lots of fun also if they like the playhouse disney theme. You usually can't go wrong with Chef Mickey's and Crystal palace. Crystal Palace was closed on our last visit, so we were bummed to miss out on that one.

jonahbear2006
03-01-2010, 11:29 PM
For a first time experience our kids loved the 50s diner, akershus, 1900 park fare, and ohana. Now that we have been a few times, they like the better restaurants where there are no characters. they like the better food. esp, my 7 yr old she wants adult dining plan so she can order maine lobster. each child is different but my 4 children prefer to eat in peace and quiet and not get up every 10 min for picture ops. they have also learned how much nicer it is to be treated very well at the signatures and choose them first.