PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Market at Coronado Springs

tyandskyesmom
02-26-2010, 08:49 AM
We will be on the QSDP in 54 days so I have been trying to figure out different and cost effective counter service places to dine at. We have one night kinda open (as we do not have hoppers this time around and will have been at Animal Kingdom all day) so I was looking at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs and just have a couple of questions...

On the dining plan it is a counter service right?

Are there any restrictions? The menu just sounds to expensive for me to believe...

Is the 10% covered under the QSDP or will we have to pay that OOP?

Is it good food? Any suggestions?

Thanx for your help guys!

jwildflower1981
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Great question! I was wondering the same thing. I'm sure someone will be there shortly to help us out!

jpmsrivers
02-26-2010, 10:27 AM
On the dining plan it is a counter service right?
Yes, it could be used as a quick service credit last time we were there.

Are there any restrictions? The menu just sounds to expensive for me to believe...

There were no restrictions when we ate there.

Is the 10% covered under the QSDP or will we have to pay that OOP?

I think this was OOP, but I can't remember. But it is well worth it even if it is OOP.

Is it good food? Any suggestions?

Our food was good, but not exceptional. We all had the steak...it was not steak house quality, but it was certainly fine.

We were on the QSDP and went to as many places we could were we could get something besides a burger or chicken strips. We really did enjoy the Pepper Market and will go back on our next trip. We also looked at the CS at AKL because they have fried shrimp, but never made it there. See there is always something to do next time.;)

mrmcgiv
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
PM was a nice change from the typical counter svc, and yes it is a CS. We ate there a few times... If you have a car or easy transport there it is almost like getting a table svc for Counter svc credits.

I would not go if not on DDP though. We ate inside and on the DDP I do not think we were subject to the 10% charge. We went in and were seated by a hostess and then we went up to a cafeteria style area and went to get what we wanted. The server brought drinks and tending to us otherwise and we tipped accordingly. If they did charge us 10% we missed.

wildernesslady
02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
It is a great value for a CS. We were not charged the 10% on the DDP when we were there in Dec. We did leave a tip on the table though. Another great choice could be Wolfgang Puck Express in downtown. Have fun.

BigRedDad
02-26-2010, 01:19 PM
I looked into this because we are going next week. PM is on the QSDP, there are no restrictions on the menu, the 10% gratuity is no longer part of the QSDP. You can bypass the gratuity by getting it to go and eating right outside by the Lago Dorado.

There may be an outside chance that we eat there while we are there. However, the prices are too much for me. I don't eat alot and I don't need to pay a gratuity for someone to bring me water.

tyandskyesmom
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
I looked into this because we are going next week. PM is on the QSDP, there are no restrictions on the menu, the 10% gratuity is no longer part of the QSDP. You can bypass the gratuity by getting it to go and eating right outside by the Lago Dorado.

There may be an outside chance that we eat there while we are there. However, the prices are too much for me. I don't eat alot and I don't need to pay a gratuity for someone to bring me water.

Thanx everyone!

If you do decide to eat dinner there on your trip, let us know what you think!