PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe

smeedell
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Are the Rainforest Cafe restaurants covered by the Disney Dining Plans? I did not see them on the list provided by Disney.

Are there other restuarants on Disney proeprty that are not covered by the Disney Dining Plans?

Julie_Mouse
02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe they are. Rainforest Cafe is a must for us, though, so when we went, we ate there one night and used that day's TS credit towards a signature dinner! This is a good choice if you don't mind paying OOP for the Rainforest meal.

:mickey:

DizMom416
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
THe Trex resturant is not on the ddp either

Jared
02-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe they are. Rainforest Cafe is a must for us, though, so when we went, we ate there one night and used that day's TS credit towards a signature dinner! This is a good choice if you don't mind paying OOP for the Rainforest meal.

:mickey:
Correct. Neither Rainforest Cafe location participates in the Disney Dining Plan.

Other restaurants that do not participate include Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian, Bistro de Paris in Epcot and a slew of other places in the Downtown Disney area.

Restaurants that are not owned directly by Disney have the right to opt out of the plan. For most places, this prerogative is not economically viable, but it is not completely unheard of.

crazygoalie39
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Like others have said, the Rainforest Cafe's do not use the DDP. Somehow I missed that before our 2008 trip. We went there and were expecting to use the DDP and they told us they didn't use it. But, it all worked out because we just used the extra meal on lunch at Beaches & Cream the next day. :mickey: