PDA

View Full Version : space mountain rehab?

mouselover93
02-25-2010, 11:09 AM
have they redone space mountain yet or are they still deciding what they're going to do? I'm going in December for the 1st time in 2 years and just wondering if it would be open then

PopPhan
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
The Space Mountain rehab was completed and the ride has reopened.

Enjoy!

mouselover93
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
is it the same as always or have they switched it up a little?

Strmchsr
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
It's mostly the same with a few minor cosmetic changes. For what little seems different it's amazing they had to close it for almost a year. Basically pre-show and post-show are different, but the ride itself felt pretty much the same.

WelshieLover
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
The ride is taotally enclosed from the queue area. It used to be that you could see the rockets while in the queue. Because it is closed off, I found the ride much darker. You really can't see anything anymore. I used to like to be able to see a ltille so I could brace myself for the next curve. I went on it once last month and that was enough for me.

DisneyOtaku
02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know if they changed the tracks? Not like, completely new ride but if they are now spaced apart farther? I always feared I would bump my head on the ride :cry:

Jared
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
No work was done on the tracks. I agree with the poster who wrote about the lighting. The ride is noticeably darker now, which adds to the experience. I read that Disney made changes to the space where the Tomorrowland Transit Authority vehicles enter Space Mountain, ensuring less light entering the building.

That said, I'm not sure the changes made were worth closing the attraction for nearly an entire year. It was a tad disappointing.

gwfx1031
02-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Tad dissapointing is an understatement. What a shame more was not done to improve this ride.