PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian VS. Yacht Club

wmdaddy
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Which of the 2 is your personal choice?

faline
02-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I haven't stayed at the Yacht Club but did stay at the Beach Club and the Grand Floridian. Of the two, I'd select the Grand Floridian. I love the Magic Kingdom location of this resort. The rooms are very large and the lobby area of the main building is just beautiful!

SBETigg
02-25-2010, 10:30 AM
I couldn't vote. Grand Floridian is my favorite resort, but I haven't stayed at Yacht Club yet. I'm trying it in April. Finally branching out. I love the GF so much, it was a tough decision, but the deal was right and it's just my husband and me, planning to enjoy World Showcase.

If you're torn between the two, we can help you make a decision if you give us some particulars. What is your vacation style? Who makes up your travel party (just adults? Young kids? Older kids?). Which parks do you tend to spend most time at?

coffeelover
02-25-2010, 10:37 AM
I choose GF because of the location, room and monorail.
The Polynesian is my favorite of all.

wmdaddy
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
We're torn down the middle:

It's me, my wife, and our 3 kids (9, 3, 3.) We spend more time at the MK than anywhere else, but also a lot of time at Epcot. My oldest loves the look of the pool at YC. I love being around Seven Seas Lagoon and watching the EWP, but we're also looking forward to seeing Epcot from the hotel. The biggest concern I have of all is the buses to and from the MK. With a double stroller, it can be tough having room on the buses. I think we'd prefer to stay at the YC, but are worried about the difficulty we'll have dealing with the MK. We've been to Disney many times and know exactly what it will be like at either resort. Just can't decide which pluses are more important.

Ian
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
To me this really depends on your personal answer to one question ...

(said in my best Howie Mandel voice)

"Magic Kingdom .... or Epcot ... ?"

If you're an MK family go with the Floridian, hands down. It's really, IMO opinion, the better of the two hotels (and I've stayed at both). But if you're an Epcot crew then the location of the Yacht Club is huge.

Also a big plus is the ability to walk back to your resort (at Yacht Club) after Reflections of Earth ends. If you're like us and you tend to end your day watching RoE, YC might be the better choice for you.

But if location isn't a major driver as far as a preference between the two parks goes, I'd definitely go with the Floridian. There's still no experience like walking out the front door of your resort and hopping on a monorail!

wmdaddy
02-25-2010, 10:51 AM
To me this really depends on your personal answer to one question ...

(said in my best Howie Mandel voice)

"Magic Kingdom .... or Epcot ... ?"

If you're an MK family go with the Floridian, hands down. It's really, IMO opinion, the better of the two hotels (and I've stayed at both). But if you're an Epcot crew then the location of the Yacht Club is huge.

Also a big plus is the ability to walk back to your resort (at Yacht Club) after Reflections of Earth ends. If you're like us and you tend to end your day watching RoE, YC might be the better choice for you.

But if location isn't a major driver as far as a preference between the two parks goes, I'd definitely go with the Floridian. There's still no experience like walking out the front door of your resort and hopping on a monorail!

That's the thing - MK and Epcot are our 2 favorite parks. I stayed at the GF last month for a couple of nights, and it was very nice. I liked Wilderness Lodge better. I love the look of the rooms at the YC, plus we have a water view which would be beautiful. I just can't get past the not staying at a MK resort thing.

SBETigg
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
With two little ones, I would probably choose the GF. The pools are great. Though not Stormalong Bay great, it is easier to keep track of little ones in the GF pools. Plus, you have the easy transportation to and from the MK and Epcot with monorails. Unless you're driving, you have the bus to MK at YC and I think that could cut down on MK time. Plus, GF has many great family-friendly restaurants on property, though the YC/BC and Boardwalk area is not bad either. I would probably choose GF now and save YC for when the little ones are a little older, more independent. Of course, both have their merits and if you really want to try something new, you probably won't be disappointed at YC.

TammiMcMan
02-25-2010, 05:54 PM
I've stayed in both and our personal favorite is the GF. I do love the location of YC though in relation to Epcot and we really didn't have any bus problems getting to the MK. I am not a fan of Stormalong Bay, especially with little ones. It's not easy keeping track of everyone and I got tired out walking my youngest back and forth to the slide entrance.

Tough choice.

Kairi_7378
02-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Since you just stayed at the GF, I'd give the YC a chance. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either place, though.

crazygoalie39
02-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I would say GF. Since you're at MK most of the time, it's right there. Epcot is the park you spend the next most amount of time at and it's still just a monorail ride away. Win, Win situation.

pamickeys
02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Yacht.... location , location, location. Easy access to 2 parks, mini putt, nightlife, fantastic pool,great dinning options.