PDA

View Full Version : Flower and Garden Festival

lettripp
02-24-2010, 03:02 PM
My fiance and I will be visiting WDW during the Flower and Garden Festival this year and neither of have participated in the activities before! Any recommendations or suggestions for what we should do? We don't have a garden yet so are more looking to see things that are interesting/entertaining than practical.

BigRedDad
02-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I just found out it was going on while we are there by accident. I look forward to seeing all the displays.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Bring your camera!!! Epcot is beautiful. If you can wing it, take a tour. Even if it is "just" the Living with the Seeds tour, it will get you in the green thumb mood.

I think last year, they paired up with Yard Crasher (i think that's the show) where the host grabs a family from Lowe's or Home Depot and does all their landscaping for them. Well, they grabbed a family to do a garden exhibit at Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival. We have only been once in 2003 and that was pre-kids... so, when in Epcot we :cheers: :marg: :beer: :D and I don't remember much other than what pictures I took. :blush:

Strmchsr
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
It depends on your interests. The tea tour at UK was very interesting as was the perfume tour at France. Admittedly, I don't care much about tea or perfume, but I found the way plants are used in both cases very interesting. The Behind the Seeds tour, mentioned above, at the Land is also great, though it's not specific to the F&GF. As far as tours go, though, it's pretty inexpensive. Other than those things I'd just say walk around and do whatever grabs your attention.

pamickeys
02-26-2010, 11:44 AM
don't forget the free concert series on the weekend. always a good time