PDA

View Full Version : Free Richard Petty Ride along for AP's

malip
02-24-2010, 02:03 PM
I saw this on a thread awhile ago and I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know when the free Richard Petty ride along for AP's ends? Thanks for the help.

seanyred
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I believe it is until March 31st. I know it goes through March because I'll be doing this next week :mickey:

malip
02-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks. That's great news. I am off next week and had hoped to do it then. Looks like I will. I am planning to go on Wednesday. Maybe I will see you there.

BigRedDad
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Just saw it on the News & Events section of the AP holders site. I am not sure where this is located. Can anyone tell me...

Where it is located?
What do you do to sign up?
How I can get there without a car?

BugeyedMuggy
02-25-2010, 09:44 AM
It's in the parking lot of the transportation center. They have a van that will pick you up there at the kennels & bring you back after. It is first come first serve. Keep an eye on the weather if you go early morning because if the track is wet they will not go off. They don't have the big dryers like on Nascar:cool:. It is alot of fun.

c&d
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
You'll have a great time. I did it a couple of years ago. We had to slow down at one point because the people taking the Driving experience drivers were also on the track and the driver didn't want to make them nervous.

The hardest part was climbing in and out of the car because you can't move your head with the helmet on.

seanyred
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM
The hardest part was climbing in and out of the car because you can't move your head with the helmet on.

Thats the part I'm most afraid of...I'm tall and not very gracefull so I'm sure it will be riot watching me get in.

BigRedDad
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
So, if I get this accurate, steam boat from MK to TTC, walk to the kennel, wait for RPDE van and off I go. Hopefully, I can get it in.

c&d
02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Thats the part I'm most afraid of...I'm tall and not very gracefull so I'm sure it will be riot watching me get in.

I'm 5'2 and I think DH got a good laugh when I was trying to get in. I went in feet first and sort of slid into the seat. The hard part was geting my legs up to the window opening. Getting out was much easier.

gwfx1031
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Just did it two weeks ago. It is awesome. It goes by pretty quick, but the price is right. We went on a Monday, mid morning and there was no wait. Do not pass this deal up.

malip
03-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Update, did this last wednesday. Got there just after 9. Waited about 10 minutes for ride. Enjoyed the ride. Track has a weird shape that effects the speed a little, but it was still exciting. Worth doing for free! One neat thing was they sell the old race tires for $5. Bought one for my son and hung it on his bedroom wall. He thinks it is the coolest thing!

Djscherr
03-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I wish I knew about this back in January (if it was on back then). I just hope somehow it gets extended until October.

seanyred
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Update-

I also got to do this last week on March 1st. It was worth it. It seemed that I got used to the speed after the first lap. I also ordered the video of myself going around the track. It just went by way to fast. I plan on saving up for a driving experience some day.