PDA

View Full Version : 180 days out - Le Cellier completely booked for dinner

Reesa Roo
02-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Well - I made my ADRs yesterday for our late August trip. I booked online and absolutely loved the online system!! So easy to see what is available. The bummer is that we could not get a dinner reservation for Le Cellier - the kid's favorite - for the entire 6 nights of the trip. I'm really disappointed. I tried making resevations for two smaller groups of 2 & 3 but there is nothing for the smaller parites either.I did make an ADR for a late lunch which is better than nothing. I'll keep trying everyday until we leave becuase you never know if something will open up - right?! Here what we ended up with:
Sunday: HDDR - we love this!
Monday: Marrakesh - first time visit
Tuesday: 50s Primetime - first time visit
Wednesday: Chef Mickey - kids requested even though they are all late teens/early 20s
Thursday: Le Cellier - lunch - love the pretzel bread!
Friday: Tonys - last time had ok food but great service and great atmosphere

Can't wait and we'll keep hoping for free dining for the end of August!

Lisa

DisneyDreamer
02-24-2010, 01:52 PM
I am not surprised. I've been trying to get a reservation for Le Cellier for weeks and managed to get one late afternoon reservation. I think the system needs changing. I feel that perhaps too many people over book reservations and don't cancel or cancel at the last minute making it difficult for the rest of us. What do you all think??:confused:

Jared
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear you couldn't get into Le Cellier. Seem pretty hard to believe every table for dinner would be booked on the first possible day. Since when did Le Cellier become Cinderella's Royal Table? That is a little absurd.

jodijo
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
That happened to me in November. I was so upset. However, I kept trying and finally got a dinner reservation a few weeks before our trip (which was during Thanksgiving vacation). So, my advice would be to keep trying. You might just luck out like we did.

kakn7294
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I booked my ADRs for early August at the 180 day mark and had no trouble getting either Le Cellier dinner or Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast for a group of 9 for the days and times we wanted. Sorry you weren't able to get yours. Hopefully something will open up! Good luck!

Carolanne
02-24-2010, 06:14 PM
What happens is, your 180 days +10 is someone else's 180 days +9, +8, +7, etc (same thing when the time frame was 90 days out).

As other posters said--keep calling! There's always the possiblity something will open up. Good luck!

faline
02-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Keep in mind that with the +10 dining system, folks who arrive 10 days before you do could have booked for your arrival day, etc.

Keep trying. On our last trip, we went with my brother's family which includes a 2 year old. My sister-in-law wanted to go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast but a time that was closer to lunch (and would have eaten up most of park day). I got a little better time for the following day but kept trying. Two days before the trip, I was rewarded with a reservation on the desired day at a time we wanted!

Brooklynos
02-24-2010, 07:12 PM
We eat at Le Cellier twice every trip for dinner, it's a must the night we get there and the last night. We normally can get it if we call first thing in the morning even with the +10 rule, but we keep calling if we don't get it...

Keep calling, someone will cancel and you will get their adr! :mickey: Also check while you are there for the days you'll be in Epcot. If we know we can't make something the next day we cancel the day before or even same day if something comes up and we won't be able to make it (due to lines/transportation issues).

crltkcagle
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
I had a dinner reservation there for our upcoming trip and my dh made me cancel it! He wanted to go to a different park that day! I was so mad, and now I can't get back in. :thedolls:

KylesMom
02-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Remember, too that if schedules hold and free dining is offered in late August, this is one of the first restaurants to book. If free dining isn't offered, I'll bet you see a ton of cancellations. If free dining is offered, it's going to be a tough reservation to get.

We scheduled three LeCellier dinner reservations for late July/early August for our 15-day trip without any problems - got every time we wanted, ranging from 6 to 6:25 pm. My money is on the fact that people are counting on free dining being offered once again. Keep trying - hopefully you can snag a cancellation.:mickey:

Captain_Nemo
02-25-2010, 12:05 AM
ya know I have been trying to get in here for so long, finally did, and I must say (and I know I am going to hear it for this) I was not impressed. The maple creme burlee was great though I booked at 180 day mark as well and was told i barley made it lol.

MMFreak
02-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I can't book until Monday :sick: as this is 180 day mark. I certainly hope that we can get into Le Cellier it is one of our favorite places!

cer
02-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Don't sweat it too much if you can't get a dinner. We were unable to get a reasonable dinner time on our last visit and took the lunch option and it was still the best meal of our trip.

We were still able to get the melt-in-your-mouth mushroom filet and it was oh so yummy! :thumbsup:

Jared
02-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Don't sweat it too much if you can't get a dinner. We were unable to get a reasonable dinner time on our last visit and took the lunch option and it was still the best meal of our trip.

We were still able to get the melt-in-your-mouth mushroom filet and it was oh so yummy! :thumbsup:
I have heard similar reports from other posters. The lunch menu is very similar to the dinner menu, and it's much easier to snag a reservation earlier in the day. The idea of eating a big steak before nightfall is a little disconcerting, but it's not a bad option.

Maleficent's Dad
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Since when did Le Cellier become Cinderella's Royal Table? That is a little absurd.
Jared, Le Cellier has become WDW's most popular restaurant - especially dinner. The only ressie that comes close is Cindy's breakfast. Le Cellier is the most difficult dinner reservation to get nowadays.

MMFreak
03-01-2010, 11:57 AM
We are going late August as well and thankfully this morning marked my 180 days and I was able to book Le Cellier for the time I wanted 6pm on the last day of our vacation.

This is one of our favorite places and I wanted to eat at it earlier in the week but there really wasn't a time slot that I wanted. The time slots were either very early or veryt late. I was so happy that finally on the last day I searched I was able to get it. I probably would have gone back and chosen an off time slot if I were unable to get the 6 spot though:mickey:

IamBelle
03-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Keep trying! The same thing happened to us last Aug. They were booked solid, but we called everyday, and on one lucky day, someone cancelled the same time we called and we got the ADR! When we asked the CM on the phone about how the ADR's are booked solid, they said they give Florida residents priority when booking, I think they can reserve earlier...I do not think it is very fair...maybe they changed it? Good luck getting the ADR!!:mickey:

jonahbear2006
03-01-2010, 11:26 PM
its usually not booked "solid" but what happens is, the concierge at a resort holds a few reservations available for their concierge guests. then they can get them and the other resorts can switch the resort with the select reservations THEY have and this allows concierge guests to get some perks.

SuzieN
03-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Don't worry about it...lunch is just as good as dinner! Sometimes I actually prefer to eat our heavier TS meals midday, then you have the afternoon and evening to walk it off!!

LudwigVonDrake
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
If you haven't succeeded yet, keep trying :wave:

Reesa Roo
03-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. I was surprised myself. I tried at 180 days from the first day of the trip and would have taken any of the six nights of our trip. All nights were already booked. For now, I kept the lunch reservation and have been diligently trying every day to get a dinner reservation. If I get lucky,somebody will cancel and I'll be able to get a dinner reservation. If not, we'll eat there for lunch and that will be fine.As long as they serve pretzel bread for lunch, my kids will be happy.

disneymom2000
03-07-2010, 06:56 PM
You know - I see this posts with this same complaint over and over on the boards. I think Disney needs to implement the same policy at Le Cellier that they have at CRT. You should be charged a fee (per person) for dinner and if you don't cancel or don'tshow for your reservation within a certain time then you lose your money. I too think people are very careless with cancelling reservations which not only has the customers losing out but I am sure the restaurant might lose over time if this continues to happen. However, I have noticed that even when I have had a reservation, sometimes I have to wait 30-45 minutes after my reservation time to get seated which makes me think they didn't really have a set reservation for me afterall.:confused:

Touchdown
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
They dont have a reservation, they "save you a spot." When you arrive you are allowed onto the wait list, which is first come first serve, ergo if the 6:45 reservation people come at 6:25 they will be seated before the 6:30 reservation party who arrived at 6:30 is.