PDA

View Full Version : TOUR-Key to the Kingdom

Mickey Johnson
02-24-2010, 12:40 PM
So i was looking at doing a tour next time im at DW. So the one that seems tto interest me most is DISNEY KEY TO THE KINGDOM. So sense ive never done a tour before, naturalyl i have some questions. Most import one would be:
1)When do they run the tour? First thing in morning? Afternoon? Night? or do they run it a couple times aday?

2)Can you bring cameras or anything along? sense you going in the tunnels. Or is it just you, yourself and thats it?

3)How early can you book at tour in advance? Is it like dinning 180 days in advance? or Earlier or closer to your trip?

4)Has anyone done this before? Without spouling is it worth it in your mind?

5)Does anyone know how much of a cost is on this tour?

Thanks in advance for the info, greatly appreciated. :mickey:

faline
02-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Here's some additional information.

Keys to the Kingdom:
THE first tour at Walt Disney World covers just about every topic you could ask - while you learn about the 'magic' behind the Magic Kingdom! The "Keys to the Kingdom" tour takes Guests in a full circle across the Magic Kingdom with stops for "backstage" experiences and attraction visits. This 4½ - 5-hour walking tour is a fascinating journey, allowing Guests to "unlock" the door to the Magic Kingdom Park’s history, trivia, and backstage secrets. Guests hear intriguing stories of Walt Disney, his visions, his philosophies, and his accomplishments.

Guests must be at least 16 years old to attend this program. Guests are required to have a photo ID in their possession during the program. Large bags and cameras are not permitted. This is an outdoor walking program.

Daily at 8:30, 9:00 & 9:30 a.m.
$60.00

We did this tour a few years back and greatly enjoyed it!

pixiesmimi
02-24-2010, 03:53 PM
We did this last year and I think you book 60 days out but you should go to Intercot Central and check all the information. We really enjoyed it and did the earliest one so we would have time later to enjoy the rest of the park. They said no cameras or large tote bags or backpacks but I had a tote bag with my camera in it and they said that was fine as long as I left the camera in the bag and didn't try to take any pictures.

Mickey Johnson
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Perfect, Thanks for the info

Captain_Nemo
02-24-2010, 11:45 PM
1. 8:30 9:00 and 9:30 with lunch around 12 at the Harbor House included in price. you will select your entree before the tour begins that day. free water and coffee as well at the start.

2. ABSOLUTELY NO CAMERAS! including cell phone cameras

3. Up to 10 days in advance

4. Well worth it, in the Intercot community, some like it some not so much. A lot of walking and a few periods of standing for long periods of time. wheel chairs and ECV's are permitted.

5. I paid $62, I had Disney Visa discount though, you get %20 off all tours as a card holder. °o°

homeschool mom
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
DH and I did this tour on our 20th anniv. trip last April. It was amazing and we both loved it! When we booked they told us absolutely no photography or videotaping so I left my camera in my bag the whole time. I was a little disappointed when there was a young man on our tour videotaping and photographing everything. The only time our tour guide asked him to put away his photography equipment was when we went backstage. If you want to take photos, you may want to ask your tour guide if you may do so during certain times.