PDA

View Full Version : Hershey Park?

disney323
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
We don't want to deal w/flying to FL. with our 4 year old and 1 year old (and all the baby gear!) However, we do want to take a family vacation. We are only about 6 hours from Hershey Park in Pennsylvania. Do you think it's a good choice? W'ell trade our DVC points to the Hotel Hershey.
Thanks!

Kairi_7378
02-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Hershey Park is NOT Disney. However, it is a very family-friendly park. There are lots of things to do for children of all ages. There is also a water park in the middle of Hershey (which I am not a fan of) and a large zoo land. If you don't want to use DVC points, you can stay in one of many area hotels very inexpensively.

gerald72
02-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi. I'm in Hershey.
Like the previous poster said, hersheypark is definitely not Disney world.
It is a fun placeto go, though. They have the new water area, eleven rollercoasters and lots of kiddie rides. And also zoo America and chocolate world.
Let me know if you need any specific information.

ddcrna
02-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Daughter and her family were there this past summer and had a great time. I will send her this link and see if they respond to you with their thoughts.

NJGIRL
02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
We are a short drive from Hershey and really enjoy that park. It is very clean and family friendley. If you don't want to stay the whole week there you can split your time in Lancaster or Phila which are short drives from there.

TheDuckRocks
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
The only real draw back to Hershey Park is that to me it is absolutely no more than a 2 day and you've done it all place. But , and it is a big but, there is tons of things to see and do in the general Lancaster area. Do a google search and you will be amazed at what all is available.

DisneyDog
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
You should couple that with time at Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, which is meant for little children (younger than, say, age 8).

If I were you, I would spend a day or two in Hershey, a day or two in Lancaster, and then either Sesame Place, or go to Valley Forge and Philly on the way back to I-95 to head back up home. That would make a great trip.

Scar
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I'll throw in my customary "1 or 2 days at Gettysburg" pitch. :D

Bay Lake
02-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Hershey is a good spot, they tend to add a few new rides every year. But 2 days is more than enough. Good coasters, and good chocolate. And the Hotel Hershey has one of the best spas in PA(bathe in chocolate). If you time it right the hershey staduim or Gaint Center have top name concerts(both located on the park grounds).